Low Cost ServiceBerry Trees

jazzygardener(z4 MN)May 13, 2008

I would love to plant some serviceberry trees this year. However, I checked out a couple of local nurseries but, the price ($130) was too high for me. Does anyone know of any nurseries/garden centers etc. that sell them for around $60 or less?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjmarq(z4 MN)

If you are patient and don't mind buying small, the most economical will be buying from a tree seedling nursery like Cascade Forestry or Musser Forests. I checked Cascade and website shows they are sold out of most. Musser has them in the two smaller size but the pots are sold out. Google 'tree seeding nursery' will bring up some links you can check.

Otherwise, I would investigate by phone calling local nurseries.

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 10:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flora43

I just saw some at Menard's for around $60. I haven't ever planted any trees, so I'm not sure on the quality. I am planning to tackle that project this summer. I think I'll do a post to ask everyone's expertise. Anyway, the Service Berry tree was one that was recommended to me, sounds like it is a great tree for all seasons. Twin City Nursery in White Bear Lake seems to be having a great sale right now too. I stopped in to check it out and they were really helpful. I think their website is twincitynursery.com. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 17, 2008 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae
I am looking for a Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae. Looks...
stuckInMN
Seed Saving Workshop- rescheduled
Learn how to save seed correctly without misinformation...
little_minnie
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Identify this plant please.
I found this plant at some one's home, outdoors. They...
ju1234
What to do with all of my Kale?
I grew kale for the first time and really have a beautiful...
vpeterson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™