plants looking for homes

riderup(7)July 1, 2007

This is Eric, Vlad's partner. I want to thank everyone again for all your help when Vlad got sick, and for coming out to his memorial service in May. It was wonderful.

Some time ago we converted the vegetable garden into a nursery for tree and flowering vines. Much as I would like to plant what I have in my own garden, I don't have the time. I have the following to give to anyone who would like them:

i crepe myrtle sprout -- deep pink

1 crepe myrtle tree -- deep pink

6 wisteria vines

1 redbud tree

1 redbud sprout

2 flowering quince

2 nandine

1 bodelia (color unknown)

other unknowns

let me know if you'd like to dig them out for your gardens

best,

Eric

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tvalenti(7a)

We just moved here last summer and I have been working on getting our new yard in order.

I would love the crape myrtles and flowering quince. How large are they currently? Is the quince a common one or japanese? I am looking for one that will not grow very tall.

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 8:24PM
riderup(7)

I actually have two crepe myrtle sprouts that are about a foot and a half tall. The crepe myrtle tree is tall -- over six feet at this point. I can't tell you much about the quince. Vlad told me that's what the plants are but no details about them. The plants are about a foot and a half tall. Please feel free to call me at 301-579-6073 to discuss.
Eric

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 2:08PM
cottageflowers(7a MD)

Hello riderup. This is my first post to garden web. I am sorry to hear abt Vlad. Do you still have any plants left and where are you in MD? I live in Baltimore. Thanks, jenny.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 9:14PM
lesathummergarden

If anyony is going to Erics from the beltway you will be passing my place in Clinton. If you want small blue iris or yellow daylilies (not orange) let me know and we can even dig a few other things.

les

Bookmark   July 13, 2007 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Green winged things
HI all! I see how dead the board is these days and...
CEFreeman
Houzz takeover not promising
So far this bites, but I did send them a comment email...
Larry Kahn
Port Wenn flowers (Doc. Martin show)
I see these pink flowers on the side of the road often...
maple_man
Raspberries or Blackberries for northern VA
Hi, Well I posted something about honeyberries and...
zendog
Leafgro??
I started a new 10' x 12' raised bed this year and...
tinyspaceinannapolis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™