Incongruous Nepeta

heleninramseyMay 14, 2009

I am a little confused by my Nepeta "Walkers Low"...I love this plant, I have seven of them in different gardens. Three of them are returning with gusto, four of them bearly show signs of life. Has anyone had trouble with this plant, it was on my list of steadfast garden warriors. Of those lagging behind, they are all in full sun, three are new as of last spring, one has been around for at least three years. Any ideas?

Thanks, Helen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoghaven_duluthmn

I don't have Walkers Low, but I have Six Hills Giant and it seems to be behaving in a similar fashion. One plant is nicely mounded and has been for a couple of weeks, another planted at the same time, about six feet apart, looked dead until just last week. It is finally starting to show some little leaves. This one also has a few baby plants starting in the near vicinity. I think these must be from where a branch touched the ground, because I understood that 6 Hills was supposed to be seed sterile. ??? Every year you see new things, I guess.

Bookmark   May 18, 2009 at 2:51PM
heleninramsey

Well thanks for that...Misery loves company, and so does confusion.

Helen.

Bookmark   May 18, 2009 at 8:57PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

I don't know if I have Walker's Low or not, mine is about 12-18" tall and in full bloom. I have another, 'Little Titch" which is 6-8" tall. Both have spread just a little and both are in part sun around trees. They are two-three years old.

Bookmark   May 20, 2009 at 1:26AM
More Discussions
What's the productive lifespan of Zuchinni and Squash in MN?
I'm working in a community garden and of course there...
srj19
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Looking for narrow shrub that can handle part shade and dry soil
Hello, My husband and I have a privacy screen made...
brian_forney
Help ID'ing blue flowers
Some of you may remember my neighbor, Sara, who was...
jel48
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™