Nurseries selling hot peppers in the area?

vic01(z4MN)June 1, 2009

Tim Kornder of Brewery Creek, Belle Plaine, passed away in Jan 2009 and the business is now up for sale. This was our go to place for the peppers and herbs we hadn't started from seed. I thought maybe some of you would have an alternative suggestion of a place to check out. We're in lower SW area of the state but willing to drive to the cities if there's something good. All that's available locally is bell, jalapeno, garden salsa, serrano and an occasional habanero, typical pepper plants every spring. We'd like something more unusual. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jackie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

Holasek's in Lester Prairie had a fairly wide selection of peppers earlier. There were lots of heirlooms, I remember seeing Thai peppers, cayenne, etc. Can't say for sure they'd have what you want but here's the phone #. 320- 395 -2780

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 10:19PM
windytown(4)

I second hostaholic2's recommendation of Holasek's. They had a fantastic selection of heirloom tomatoes a couple of weeks ago. I didn't check out the peppers but I can imagine they would have a good variety. It's a really great greenhouse with loads of healthy plants and helpful people. Not as cheap as some places but the quality is worth it.

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 10:57PM
kaptainkr(4a)

This won't help you now, but at the Hennepin Tech plant sale earlier this year there was a good selection of pepper and tomato plants. They were $1.50 each. Also a good selection of annuals and perennials, including native plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hennepin tech plant sale link

Bookmark   June 3, 2009 at 9:14AM
FlowerGardener(Z4 MN)

Shady Acres Herb Farm has a very nice selection of hot peppers and other plants. Take a look at their website. I purchase plants from them every year. They are only open from April 19 to June 21st.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shady Acres Herb Farm

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 4:59AM
More Discussions
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Minnesota Apples
Photo shows what I harvested today from the orchard...
soilent_green
Identify this plant please.
I found this plant at some one's home, outdoors. They...
ju1234
Strawberries in strawbales?
Has anyone here done the strawbale gardening? A book...
wiillbeane
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™