Help! Indoor Datura is looking wilty!

hostacrazy(7 NC)February 16, 2004

I had a white datura in my garden last summer and loved it so much that I dug it up and moved it into my house for the winter.

After repotting it and bringing it inside it wilted to the point that I thought I had killed it. So, I cut it down to about 1 foot tall and it came back beautifully after 10 days or so. That was in Oct or so.

It has been doing wonderfully and now all of a sudden it is wilting again. The leaves are curling up somewhat and it doesn't look happy. Maybe I am overwatering it???

Is this something that happens normally? I had heard that they are hard to overwinter. It gets light from a window but not alot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to be able to keep this alive until spring and then transplant it back out into the garden.

Thanks so much!!!

Kathy

Hostacrazy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gordonhawk(7/ NYC)

yes.. it sounds like it might be overwatering it ... you have a root statem for a big plant.. that is now smaller shouldn't think it would need much water.. perhaps a little nourishment... have you feed it .. potting soil has next to no nutrive value.. after being called upon to produce leaves from stored reserves... perhaps it is hungry.. or is deciding it needs more light.. now to progress..but definately keep it on the dry side...
I retrieved mine from the snow bank and thinking it was gone cut it at the soil line to use the dirt during the winter.. and there it was sprouting... up now almost 2 ft.. and ready for the outside... 60* here today... and the mid-wests snow tomorrow.. neat.. where's spring
Gordon

Bookmark   March 15, 2004 at 5:14PM
More Discussions
moon flower BUSHES
I just found this forum.....I'm sure it has been here...
Jan_Hobbs
How to start Moonflower from seeds?
The seed package says that it only takes 8-10 days...
Sunflowerpoet
Moonflower plant ....seeds
So when do you remove the seed pod and what should...
Ablinob
Moon Flower Vine Blooms?
Hi! Hope someone can help me here. I planted my moon...
rommy
bush moonflowers
I have been looking for bush moonflower seed if anyone...
theresa200
Sponsored Products
Butler Masterpiece Celeste Bench In Mirrored
Beyond Stores
Monterey Texture Stripe Oatmeal Rectangular: 4 Ft. 11 In. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Indoor/O
$129.50 | Bellacor
Backyard X-Scapes Mahogany Bamboo Slats - 25 Pack - BS03
$104.99 | Hayneedle
Chilewich Bamboo - Square Placemat - Set of 4 - Chilewich
$48.00 | HORNE
Bronze Strawflower Wreath - 22" dia.
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Flower Market Runner 2'5" x 8' - MULTI
$495.00 | Horchow
Sylvan Wood Top Bar Table in Brown
$289.00 | LexMod
King Brushed Steel 3-pack Lamps