scabiosa availability

scully931(6)March 22, 2006

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how difficult it is to find Scabiosa in a nursery. I think I'm going to try the varity that works well in part shade and I'd rather buy it in person. I just can't remember if I've seen it before or not. I know every nursery is different, but are these fairly normal plants? I have a few medium size nurseries around me as well as a Home Depot. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

~Deborah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JustJoeyGirl(z5 NY)

Hi Deborah, That's a pretty generic question. Tough to answer directly. My experience is that the local garden centers around where I live all carry it, but I imagine it may depend on individual areas and nurseries. I can't really speak of HD for it specifically. I generally see the pink or light blue form, but hardly ever see white or yellow in the local nurseries. I have a light blue one in light shade and it does well for me, I bought it locally. Can you ask at the nurseries if they plan to carry it, then if not, maybe mail order it if you have to? I've been looking for a white one and haven't found one yet. I am still looking myself. Good Luck, I don't know if it helped at all, but it was nice saying hello... JoAnn

Bookmark   March 23, 2006 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Irish Moss - Help
I have Irish Moss planted between stepping stones....
JimKY
Moonflower vine question?
I need help. Anyone knows the name of this moonflower?...
pat44th
Moonflower - Blue Moon
I saw some moonflowers at my local nursery that were...
hostarasta
moon flower BUSHES
I just found this forum.....I'm sure it has been here...
Jan_Hobbs
better late. ...at last. ..moon vine bud
after starting moon vine seed inside before frost.two...
steilberg
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™