scabiosa availability

scully931(6)March 22, 2006

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how difficult it is to find Scabiosa in a nursery. I think I'm going to try the varity that works well in part shade and I'd rather buy it in person. I just can't remember if I've seen it before or not. I know every nursery is different, but are these fairly normal plants? I have a few medium size nurseries around me as well as a Home Depot. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

~Deborah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JustJoeyGirl(z5 NY)

Hi Deborah, That's a pretty generic question. Tough to answer directly. My experience is that the local garden centers around where I live all carry it, but I imagine it may depend on individual areas and nurseries. I can't really speak of HD for it specifically. I generally see the pink or light blue form, but hardly ever see white or yellow in the local nurseries. I have a light blue one in light shade and it does well for me, I bought it locally. Can you ask at the nurseries if they plan to carry it, then if not, maybe mail order it if you have to? I've been looking for a white one and haven't found one yet. I am still looking myself. Good Luck, I don't know if it helped at all, but it was nice saying hello... JoAnn

Bookmark   March 23, 2006 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Moonflowers
There's a lot of talk about nicking the moonflower...
Sandi Powell
Moonflower plant ....seeds
So when do you remove the seed pod and what should...
Ablinob
Why doesn't my night blooming jasmine fill the air with scent?
It has bloomed a couple of times now, but the scent...
sunrisegirl
Irish Moss - Help
I have Irish Moss planted between stepping stones....
JimKY
When to expect my moonflower to bloom
I'm curious ..... I started my Moonflowers in a 5"...
Murphette
Sponsored Products
David Trubridge Design | Hinaki Pendant Light - Paint
$470.00 | YLighting
Foil Undertone Glass Vessel Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Sonneman | Vogue Small Pendant Light
$320.00 | YLighting
Oxygen Lighting | Echo Small Pendant Light
$165.50 | YLighting
Algoma Caribbean Rope Hammock Chair - 4913T
$68.99 | Hayneedle