hail damage in Hastings

rasslinmama(4)June 21, 2007

We got slammed with hail the size of golf balls last night. All of my annuals and perennials are either shredded or broken off. I know they'll come back but I think I'm gonna cry a little.

I'm more upset about the flowers than the roof and car-don't tell my hubby!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rdubow

That's terrible...not the part about being more upset about the flowers, of course. Insurance covers roofs and cars but no agent yet has told me that they will come restore my gardens when an "act of God" strikes. That is insurance I wouldn't feel terrible about paying!

I feel aweful for you! We are on the edge of Edina and saw NADA, ot even a drop of rain! We are getting some slight sprinkles today...but we are in need of not sprinkles or hail, just some long rain....my water bill is going to be $100.00 this month!!!!

I hope everything comes back for you, it looks like nice weather for "regrowing" is coming up!
Bec

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 3:38PM
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

I feel for you! I've been there and know how awful you feel.

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 6:24PM
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

I'm sorry to hear that rasslinmama. We had hail here in Owatonna too, about 5:30 am. and I was glued to the window when I should have been getting ready for work. Although this came down practically in sheets for a bit, it wasn't nearly as large as yours and only went on maybe 5 minutes or so. I got by with leaves with holes in them, and the plants under the trees were fine.

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 9:41PM
maidofshade

Every time it storms I think please no hail--I feel sorry for you cause I think I would cry a little too if that happened to me.

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 9:52PM
luvmydaisies(Lonsdale, MN/ zone4)

Yea we got the hail here in Lonsdale, my hostas look Terrible. Every single one of them, leaves just shreded.

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
Late Summer Garden Swap???
Anyone interested in a late summer/early autumn garden...
KittyWitty
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
apple trees
What should you do to keep apples from insects when...
andrew414141
clivia
I have a huge yellow clivia for free
lonemuchow
Help ID'ing blue flowers
Some of you may remember my neighbor, Sara, who was...
jel48
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™