Where can I buy small Datura plants?

Tomato_Worm59(OK)March 8, 2005

I am looking for the common Datura moonflower. I had some seeds, but they won't grow. I am looking for some small, started plants and I need a lot of them. Any ideas on where to look or who to call?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

I would recommend trying the seed exchange and giving growing from seed aother shot. They are very very easy to grow from seed and do quite well in Oklahoma from what I hear. You can winter sow them right now or direct sow them in a few weeks.

I have never seen the plants for sale.

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 2:01PM
little_dani(9, S. Tex Coast)

I have a lot of seeds. Email me with your snail mail address, I will be happy to share. Seeds is definitely the way to go.

Janie

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 8:31AM
ldbagmil_earthlink_net

Select Seeds sells small Datura plants and seeds. Unfortunately the plants are sold out for the season and there is only one variety with available seeds.
www.selectseeds.com

You can also join the American Brugmansia and Datura Society to find out more about these plants.
www.abads.net

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 11:47AM
sodbuster(7 OK)

Bakemom is right............Datura does so well in Oklahoma, the seeds will almost take root in your hand if you hold them too long.

I live out in the country and have, literally, hundreds of Datura. Lots of new plants coming up too.

Bookmark   July 10, 2009 at 10:50PM
sonora210

Which seed exchange do you speak of? Might they have datura wrightii (the one I used to see growing around Tucson), datura metel, and datura inoxia seeds? I used to see wrightii blooming in the evenings when I would go for runs at Catalina State Park in the late 90's. They had such a presence to them. I miss them greatly and figure why not try growing them and bring them in for the winter. I live in southern WI.
Thx,
Sonora

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 8:52PM
sonora210

Is this forum pretty much dead now? Since I received no response, I tried reposting a similar message under a new topic hoping it might get noticed, but the system rejected it. I only repost if I get no response.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
Datura Inoxia White Moonflowers
Anyone who would like to grow these magnificent plants...
pitbullt
Nightblooming tree
I'm in Australia NSW and have a evergreen tree in my...
kath79leen
Why doesn't my night blooming jasmine fill the air with scent?
It has bloomed a couple of times now, but the scent...
sunrisegirl
Flower buds or new leaves?
This is a night blooming cereus I've had since march,...
flower.baby
Hybrid Mirabilis ?
This week I discovered a green-leafed four o'clock...
john3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™