moon garden

jmwemt(PA)April 26, 2005

Hi,

I'm new to the idea of a moon garden, but would like to try it. My yard is very small, so I was wondering if this kind of garden can be done in large pots, then do you bring them in for the winter? Also where can I geet dusty miller, artemisia, lambs ear, ipomoea alba, snow white carnations, and are all these plants moon plants, annual or perininal? To have a moon garden sounds like it would be very nice. I also have other plants in yard, I like lots of smell, nice looking flowers, lots of color. My zone is 5. On a different subject of plants quick, I'm looking for plants that are mostly a vine, and that attract the hummingbirds, can anyone please help me. Thanks, jmwemt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joyce Knight

Yes,you can do your moongarden in pots and bring them in side in the winter. You should be able to find most of the plants you named at a Lowes or Home Depot,if you have one in your area. I can send you 10 packs of seed for sasbe. It will include white moonflower vine, passion flower vine,hyacinth bean vine,red cypress vine and red morning glory. The cypress vine and the moonflower vine will definitely atttract hummingbirds. Joyce

Bookmark   April 27, 2005 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Moonflower vine question?
I need help. Anyone knows the name of this moonflower?...
pat44th
bush moonflowers
I have been looking for bush moonflower seed if anyone...
theresa200
Moonflower blooms
Here it is the middle of August and I have no blooms!...
dinkeydot
Night-blooming cereus...feed?
My Night-blooming Cereus bloomed last year, just about...
delineavit
My Moonflowers!! :'(
So I finally got around to planting moonflowers along...
Thrice
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™