moon flower seeds

rere53(7)April 1, 2006

My husband and I have moon flowers that reach 9 feet tall. We save seeds and give them to people who wish to have a moon garden themselves. We have also ordered several varieties of angel trumpets which closely resembles a moon flower. We will have seeds starting this year. If there is anyone that would like seeds please email me and leave an email address so that we can contact you when we have seeds.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
my_secret_garden(5)

That is so cool! This is my first year planting moon flowers and I hope that they will come up.

Bookmark   April 29, 2006 at 10:18PM
mseduc8or(z8 MS)

I would love something to start a moon garden. I have been dreaming about one for a few years.

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 10:10AM
gardenmaker79(zone 4/5)

I would love some of your moonflower seeds when they are readyy.
Thanks
Connie

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 9:07PM
antiquergirl(5)

I would love to have any extra seeds you are willing to part with. I am in the process of starting a moon garden and I so excited.
thanks christie
cwheet22@yahoo.com

Bookmark   May 5, 2006 at 5:18PM
viveh

I have white moon flower seeds, but understand there is other colors, does anyone have any other colors they would like to share?

Bookmark   August 29, 2007 at 9:01PM
ktlew

I would love anything different in western NY. Everyone is looking for but can't find moon flowers around here. kkstlew@yahoo.com

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 1:44PM
natalie4b(7b GA)

I would love some seeds when they are available. Please e-mail me natalie4b@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 8:53PM
rialira

I too would love some moonflower seeds. if you've got any extra, my e-mail address is tehriaz@gmx.net. I could even trade you some purple morning glory seeds, we're up to our ears in them!

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 3:44PM
costaricafinca

I have what I presume to be seeds pods as shown below. My question: how long does it usually take for them to 'ripen'? I have had some ther for more than a month, as it hasn't seemed to change. This is the first time I have grown Moonflowers and I planted 2 seeds by a small trellis by our patio. They have performed 'famously' with 5-8 blooms per afternoon/night.

I have just noticed that one 'pod' seems to be drying out.

Bookmark   October 30, 2007 at 11:21AM
moonflowermaniac62(z6 NJ)

They can take a long time to dry out (as like they do growing and blooming). Eventually you will see the pod start turning brown and crispy and the pod will turn brown and the seeds

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 7:06PM
moonflowermaniac62(z6 NJ)

Sorry, I thought I had edited my post ... and meant to say, when the pod turns brown and crusty, the seeds will come out easily.

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 7:22PM
gardenlovernohio

I have several pods that are not quite ready to pick, but it is supposed to freeze tonight. I don't want to lose them because I have only gotten two seeds from this plant. Can anyone tell me if I should cut them and let them dry inside or just let them go?
Thanks for your help.

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 9:20AM
critterfixer32

in haveing trouble getting started with my garden. iv reserched and i know lots of names of the plants i want but i cant seem to find a place to get them or their seeds. please help. im also wanting to use them for mosiquito control if anyone has any suggestions please contact me.

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 3:08PM
kasha77

I can't believe it!
I have been pining for Moon flower seeds since I first saw them! God bless you! my email address is:
kathysuleski@yahoo.com
If you have some to share!
Thanks!
Kathy S kasha77

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 11:44PM
anewgarden

My moonflowers did well last year, big and beautiful. But this year the sprouts seem very unhappy. I have lost quite a few. Maybe I have not kept them warm enough. Maybe I have started them too early, but I think I started them this early last year too. How do others tend to their moonflower seedlings?

Audrey, Brooklyn NY

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 2:39PM
ewochnick

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone had any extra seeds for a moonflower bush. My mom had a plant when I was living at home and now I would like my own bush. I am not able to find any seeds for the bush. I talked to the greenhouse and they dont cary any moonflowers at all.

Bookmark   May 12, 2008 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
Nightblooming tree
I'm in Australia NSW and have a evergreen tree in my...
kath79leen
Evening-Scented Stock
Very early last spring i planted a bunch of old seeds...
spazplant
How to start Moonflower from seeds?
The seed package says that it only takes 8-10 days...
Sunflowerpoet
Datura Inoxia White Moonflowers
Anyone who would like to grow these magnificent plants...
pitbullt
Moonflower vine question?
I need help. Anyone knows the name of this moonflower?...
pat44th
Sponsored Products
Long Lafitte
Lightology
Walbrook Wall Outdoor Lantern
$529.00 | FRONTGATE
Derby 26 1/4" High Antique Iron Outdoor Post Light
Lamps Plus
Brentford Seeded Teal Glass Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Wembley Park 3-lt Outdoor Lantern
LBC Lighting