moon garden

brat1985April 27, 2004

I would love to make a moon garden but I do not know where to start. Please Help!!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JustJoeyGirl(z5 NY)

Hi, may I suggest something that I wish I had thought of when I started my moon (white/evening) garden years ago? I feel so stupid, I had the perfect place off center of my lawn. There was a lilac there that looked great as the sun was going down. So there I began, I dug away the sod, and improved the soil ( a little) and planted and planted.. The one thing I did not plan on was THE MOON!

I started in early spring when the leaves had not yet opened on the canopy of the trees nearby. Needless to say, the path of the moon goes right over the canopy of the trees and the moon light is only filtered through to my garden. So my suggestion is to plot the path of the moonlight first. If I had, I would have put my garden in the back yard where the moonlight glistens even on the grass.

We do love our evening garden, when we sit on the front porch, as the sun goes down, all the light colored flowers glow, until it is time to go in.

Bookmark   April 28, 2004 at 12:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

I'm planting my new moon garden out and making mistakes right and left - although I am wedded to the spot due to other extensive beds. It's going to look crazy the first year, but I'm sure it will work itself out.

Bookmark   May 14, 2004 at 11:01PM
More Discussions
Moon Flower Vine Blooms?
Hi! Hope someone can help me here. I planted my moon...
rommy
Moonflower - Blue Moon
I saw some moonflowers at my local nursery that were...
hostarasta
bush moonflowers
I have been looking for bush moonflower seed if anyone...
theresa200
Datura Inoxia White Moonflowers
Anyone who would like to grow these magnificent plants...
pitbullt
Restaurant Furniture
Restaurant Furniture, we are a manufacturer and supplier...
lionhorest
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™