Plants to Plant in a Moon Garden

NewNCgardener(Central NC)May 5, 2005

I have plenty of moonflowers and seeds to start new ones.. I have a perfect spot in my backyard, it is wideopen, and i want to start a garden back there for the summertime evenings. (look up tonight thru the sixth, meteor showers), anywho, I want to know the best illuminating and best smelling plants, flowers I should plant. Thanks in advance for the info...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BMXer236(5b KS)

hey, do you happen to know good conditions for moonflowers after they've germinated. i got them about an inch tall then they turned kind of a blackish color and were still alive but didnt grow anymore. any help?

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 11:04PM
NewNCgardener(Central NC)

mine i have always planted in the ground in some mirale gro and let them go.. this year from the seeds from last year i am not sure what thay are gonna do.. i put about 6 seeds in a wet towel and it has been 2 days and nothing... not even a crack. but mine have always done good when they are just put right in the ground. my mom puts hers in a long planter and they run up the side of the porch. but this is the first time i have tried germinating them like this....

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 11:50PM
chuckr30(z5, GR-MI)

Try planting them in well-drained soil, like sandy soil. They don't like to keep their feet wet. Also, try to keep the air temp around 70F.

Bookmark   May 13, 2005 at 3:34PM
More Discussions
Hybrid Mirabilis ?
This week I discovered a green-leafed four o'clock...
john3
When to expect my moonflower to bloom
I'm curious ..... I started my Moonflowers in a 5"...
Murphette
Why is my moon flower wilting?
A friend of mine gave us a moonflower, we planted it...
vcarousel
growing moonflowers indoors?
I love this plant but have found that in my area it...
whitejade
Moonflower - Blue Moon
I saw some moonflowers at my local nursery that were...
hostarasta
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™