Transplanting Moon Flowers

david_oklahomaMay 6, 2006

I spent last evening transplanting Moon Flowers, putting them into particular spots, and getting them out of others. I must have over 100 plants coming in so far. I also planted my Yellows, Purples, and LaFluer seeds. Has anyone else planted these this year? I have heard these are slower growers than the whites. Just wanted to know.

David

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ankraras(8/9AZ)

Do you find it hard not to damage/break the tender roots? Nowadays, I use the lazy method "scratch and grow" with seeds
and let them make their adjustments for their space. Hope to hear that they settle nicely into their new homes.

Growing up, my dad used to tell us if we transplant moon flowers during the month of May an angel will visit with you in
a dream!

Bookmark   May 11, 2006 at 2:14PM
david_oklahoma

All the transplanted Moonflowers are doing well and growing as anticipated. I have transplanted before and found it is very hard to hurt one of these tough little plants. Seems they don't know they were even moved.

David

Bookmark   May 11, 2006 at 11:28PM
karee_2008

David, do you think during July would be a bad time to move full grown, almost blossomed moon flowers?

I'm moving and I want to take them with me, do you think it would harm them if I did move them now?

Bookmark   July 12, 2008 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
Flower buds or new leaves?
This is a night blooming cereus I've had since march,...
flower.baby
How to start Moonflower from seeds?
The seed package says that it only takes 8-10 days...
Sunflowerpoet
bush moonflowers
I have been looking for bush moonflower seed if anyone...
theresa200
Moonflowers
There's a lot of talk about nicking the moonflower...
Sandi Powell
Moon Flower Vine Blooms?
Hi! Hope someone can help me here. I planted my moon...
rommy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™