Best Plants for Midwest Moon Garden?

tamaradelalunaMay 7, 2012

Hi -- I am in the planning stages for my Moon Garden. I live in Lawrence, Kansas -- a zone 5/6. My goal for my moon garden is to have an abundance of glowing, fragrant flowers. What do you recommend? Thank you!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucygreenthumb

If you can find it, the old species hosta "planteginea" has wonderful white flowers and an amazing fragrance. It's one of those sometimes hard to find plants as everyone used to have them, so stores don't carry them anymore. Aphrodite is a sport of it. I also love my white stargazer lily (fragrant), white "Annabelle" Hydrangea, white "David" phlox (frag.) Minnie Pearl Phlox, White clematis - esp. "Sweet Autumn", "white Nancy" Lamium, white creeping phlox, white daisies, white spiderwort, "Husker Red" penstemon has white flowers, some coral bells have white flowers, white annual dianthus, white daylilies, lily of the valley, white swamp milkweeds( asclepias incarnata), white anemones, and white crocus, tulips, daffodils and bleeding hearts to start off the show in the spring. I'm in NE Iowa and these all do very well for me.

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 1:29AM
More Discussions
Hybrid Mirabilis ?
This week I discovered a green-leafed four o'clock...
john3
My Moonflowers!! :'(
So I finally got around to planting moonflowers along...
Thrice
growing moonflowers indoors?
I love this plant but have found that in my area it...
whitejade
bush moonflowers
I have been looking for bush moonflower seed if anyone...
theresa200
Irish Moss - Help
I have Irish Moss planted between stepping stones....
JimKY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™