Do cleome seeds need chilling?
I passed by some short (3 ft) cleome today and grabbed some seeds. No idea if this variety is one of the short ones or is simply stunted from the location. Anyway, I was going to try growing it next year. Do I scatter the seeds now, wait for next spring, or does it matter? Since I didn't get a ton of seeds I'd rather wait if I can to maximize the probability of losing seeds to runoff, birds, etc.