Black mulch everywhere!

adrianmonkNovember 19, 2006

Well, I had the landscaping in the front of my house re-done this year. I had a more natural look in the past, large ewes and the like. Anyway, they pulled them all out and also widened the beds, and planted a variety of things that the nursery woman led me to. I have no problem with that, but they put a black mulch down on top of the now large beds, along with black mulch around a tree and a few bushes on the lawn. The front siding is a "sable" brown, and all of the black tends to give it a greyish look when the sun is bright. It all happened before I knew it.

Anyway, I think a brownish color would look better and more natural. Once I get the nerve up to approach them on this, do you think this will be problematic switching mulches. I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I want to be prepared. Thanks for your advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
manure_queen(md 7)

I expect that this was not an inexpensive service. I think you are entitled to satisfaction.

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 6:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aesselborn_yahoo_com

i have black mulch and it kills plants because it absorbs all of the suns heat and burns everything (unless you have cactus)...also i just read that it is poisonous...

Bookmark   April 12, 2011 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Bottle Trees & Evil Spirits
So I've been a busy bee this season. Thank goodness....
CEFreeman
Honeysuckle bushes and vines, anyone grow them?
Hello.... =) Does anyone have Honeysuckle in their...
gypsysunrise
Some account related stuff that people have been asking about
A couple of things. If you haven't figured it out yet,...
Larry Kahn
Ok, I've got this bird...
that by all glimpses and pictures, indicates it might...
CEFreeman_GW
Raspberries or Blackberries for northern VA
Hi, Well I posted something about honeyberries and...
zendog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™