Lighting for Moon Garden

pawleyscruser(z8 SC)July 17, 2004

I am interested in a source (on-line, preferably) for lighting to create a "moon light effect" for a garden (containing statuary, a wishing well, fountain, numerous perennials (including azaleas, ferns, hostas, et al). I have installed a very generic, 2-lens halogen light fixture high in a tree, but it is not focused well, and I'd like to find a more specialized, single lens fixture.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Grmmy8x

Hi
I am not going to be a lot of help, but we have tried solar spotlight and regular spotlights and put the colored bulbs and put at the bottom of some of our plants. I hope you get some good answers as I would also be interested. On any shows I have watched they same move them around at night until you get the desired effect. I get this newsletter and a lot of good ideas P. Allen Smith [gardenletter@lb.bcentral.com]
Troy-Joan@att.net if you get any good answers.
Thanks
Joanie

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 12:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
merriss

Not to appear a dummy, but I have a small string of the clear rope lights tucked under my Hosta. It looks really well and is very very faint, glows more than lights. That is what I wanted. I do not have a clue how to help you with lighting a really large area with them..without making them look like "Christmas Lights". I have put a string of Rope lights in a large wrought iron urn and it cast a pretty sheen on and around some landscaping. Have not tried them in a solid (concrete) urn but that may be the very "trick" you are seeking.
Hope this helps.

Bookmark   July 26, 2004 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Moon Flower Vine Blooms?
Hi! Hope someone can help me here. I planted my moon...
rommy
moon flower newbie
I was thinking of trying to grow moon flowers, they...
liz62
trying the moonflowers inside again
I thought I would try to grow moonflowers indoors again,...
nopets
Moonflower blooms
Here it is the middle of August and I have no blooms!...
dinkeydot
My Moonflowers!! :'(
So I finally got around to planting moonflowers along...
Thrice
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™