How do you find good seed germination info?

heleninramseyJuly 31, 2008

I bought this great little bedding annual this spring, out in South Dakota, but I am having a tough time finding info on it. It is Coleostephus myconis, my google skills are usually pretty good, but here I am falling short. I have only found pictures, that is does exist, that there is a cultivar named moonlight and that it is invasive in Brazil. What I would like to know is how to get the seeds to go for next year and how much time it will take and so on. So does anyone know of a good way to track down this kind of information? Or are there seed starting basics that I should just fall back on? Cute as hell plant, want more, would share seeds too...Helen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginkgonut(4)

Several synonyms were listed when I googled. Have you tried these? Chrysanthemum multicaule seemed to produce better hits.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 7:05PM
heleninramsey

Thanks...I will try that, I applaud your google-a-tude....Helen.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 10:07PM
lillyann70

Helen, This is a little off the subject you started but I have to find out how the garden tour went today. How did you have time to e-mail when your gardens were the highlight of the garden tour? I was so sad that I was unable to go today. How did it go? Your gaRDENS ARE BEAUTIFUL SO i'M SURE EVERYONE LOVED THEM. CHERYL

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 12:19AM
heleninramsey

Ginkgonut...Thanks, lots of info under that name. I should have thought of that as some of my favorite plants have undergone name changes.

Cheryl...I was wondering where you were. The garden tour was such a joy, I am sure that Helen next door and I were the happiest people there! Everyone was so nice and fun to talk to, we had a ball! We are indebted. You do know where I live...and you are more than welcome to stop by for a personal tour. What good IS a garden that you have no one to share it with?

Helen.

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 10:43PM
lillyann70

Heleninramsey, We (Lisa and I) are waiting for you to visit us. Let's do a morning next week if possible. I think you have Lisa's e-mail. Let us know when you are available to come out. I would love to see your gardens again. Thanks, Cheryl

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 11:57PM
More Discussions
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
Hop Vines at Local Nurseries?
Just wondering if anyone in Minnesota has come across...
soilent_green
Peach Trees in Minnesota
I've heard of some people successfully growing peach...
rkinsella
Garden Club in Northern Suburbs
Looking for a garden club. Would like to find a group...
doucanoe
Sponsored Products
Mud Fish Platter
Design Within Reach
Old Dutch Square Decor Copper Hammered Tray
Overstock.com
Emerson Ottoman - Key Largo Pumice Beige
Joybird Furniture
Lauren Duvet Cover Set
$59.99 | zulily
Little Tree Bellcrest Dining Chairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Shires Equestrian Hollow Mouth Loose Ring Bradoon Bit - 559-4.5
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Dove Table Task Lamp by Illuminating Experiences
$418.80 | Lumens
See the Light Print
$24.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™