WANTED: Chicago Area Traders?

vhinkes(z5 IL)December 28, 2005

Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in doing a spring trade? I live in the Hoffman Estates area and am thinking of placing an order with AC Nurseries and may have a few extra fruit trees due to volumn discounts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrbrownthumb(z5 Chicago)

Funny you should mention this. I was talking with another Chicagoan here and we mentioned trying to get a trade group together in the spring or summer. Maybe in the spring trade plants and towards the end of summer trade seeds.

I've done a lot of seed trading with people in Illinois this winter that I never see in the midwestern forum.

If I have anything interesting I'd be interested in trading.

MBT

Bookmark   January 3, 2006 at 9:35PM
bellarosa(z5/IL)

I would be interested. I have a few perennials to trade. Not much. I've never traded before, but would like to.

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 2:10PM
arborgirl(5 - IL)

Please let me know if you are going to get together a Chicago trade group! I'm new to gardening, but I would love to contribute anything I have (even if it's advice - I'm a certified arborist!).

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 8:34AM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

I plan to divide a lot of perennials in my garden and replace stuffs. Drop me a line in April/May. I'm in Jefferson Park/NW side not far from O'Hare.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 8:39PM
stage_rat(5--Indiana Riviera)

I'm interested, too.

Is it possible to do both a seedling and perennial exchange? I think that would be great.

I live in NW Indiana, but go to Lombard a lot. Holding it just about anywhere will be fine with me, though.

--Annette

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 11:11PM
susan926

Count me in also mone, SUSAN

Bookmark   March 9, 2006 at 9:17PM
foxriverlady

count me in too

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 10:14AM
lilaclily(z5IL)

Me too!

Bookmark   March 15, 2006 at 11:15AM
felisar

Me three! Most of my spare plants go to our annual garden club plant sale held in May but would hold some back if there is a definte swap planned. I live in Bensenville very close to O'Hare. I would suggest June or September as good months for a swap.

Bookmark   March 18, 2006 at 7:23AM
sara_ll(5)

I would be interested in a trade group. I live in Park Ridge, but I would be happy to travel.

Sara

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 8:37PM
edibles(z5 Chicago, IL)

I don't have much to offer but would be interested in coming to a local plant swap. I'm growing some tomatoes and a few herbs

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 12:09AM
sissyz(Z5 NorthIL)

Hello!
I am returning to the Midwest after living in the South for twenty years. I would love to be included in any Plant Swap!!
Sissy

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 5:08PM
bellarosa(z5/IL)

Hi all,
Was this ever finalized as far as the date/time/location?
Bellarosa

Bookmark   May 9, 2006 at 9:35AM
sharron49(5)

count me in too

Bookmark   May 30, 2006 at 3:07PM
silverwind(z5 IL)

I'd love to as well. Any new news on when/where?

I know I've got a few things to divide, and tons of leftover seeds....

Bookmark   June 3, 2006 at 10:20PM
westy1941(Boulder County, CO)

I'm in Crystal Lake and visit my daughter in Ravenswood (via car travel, not train) very often. I am very willing to go any distance around the city of Chicago to trade. Mostly I have Hostas, but pull sedum up constantly - don't pay for it! Please email me if anyone is organizing this in any way - any time: cdwestg@comcast.net.

Westy

Bookmark   June 15, 2006 at 10:56PM
chicago60652

I'm interested in getting in on the trade - I live near Oak Lawn - still in the city. I have some sage - both types, deep purple and the light purple. I also have something else - that I need to figure out what it is, ha ha ha

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 11:33AM
flower_power2

I live near Schaumburg and would like to participate. Let me know if this ever gets organized chimneyman20002000@yahoo.com

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 3:28PM
francis_eric(5 Illinois)

Im 40 miles west of Chicago in Aurora, I probaly couldn't meet anyone ,unless they were closer sence I would probaly be working, but It would be nice to get some seeds For gardening Or native seeds.
I don't have any seeds, but I could send SASE.

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 1:24PM
Kirstin Zone 5a NW Chicago

I'd be interested. I live in Palatine,& a long time gardener. I donated most of my divided perennials already this spring to my garden club's fundraising auction, but always have SOMETHING! Right now I have bee balm, later I'll have cleome & pink mallow, which always self-seeds a-plenty.

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 9:12AM
dan_in_winfield(6)

Westy1941, can you describe the sedum you have? I live in Winfield, and am very interested in trades. I have daylilies that need to be divided. Lots of lamium that's beautiful, but spreads freely. I'll have tons of cleome as soon as it starts to come up. Marigolds will also inevitably be more than I can use.

Need good tomatoes and hot peppers - other veggies then will work in pots or limited space. (soon I'll have to remove the lawn!)

I can use things that work nicely in containers. Color, flowers or accents. Non-invasive perennials. Would love some nice trailing flowers for my planters.

I'll do a QUICK trade, as I'm tempted to go buy things, but my wife is insisting I do a zero-budget garden this year!

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 11:22AM
house_first_timer(9)

dan_in_winfield,

I have some peppers and herbs that I can trade if you are interested. please contact me as I can't send you email.

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 7:56PM
emmakitty(z5 IL)

Man, I'm IN Chicago trying to grow vegetables and I would LOVE a trade, even though this was posted almost a year ago...

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 1:07AM
lonegreyrabbit

i'm in michigan in and have several people here interested in a seed/plant exchange...anyone else want to join us? we are planning to have an exchange get together maybe in september.

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 8:59PM
urbangarden(5 (IL))

I see that nobody has responded to this post in a while. Is there any interest in a Chicago seed exchange? I have several seeds from last year and more coming through mail order. I'll also have heirloom seedlings to trade when May rolls around. Please respond to the post here if you are interested.

Bookmark   February 3, 2009 at 6:53PM
bierz

I'm in Chicago and I'm interested in trading but at this point I only have seeds, or I could probably offer a cutting of a meyer lemon tree.

I'm interested in(and would buy) any citrus plants that anyone may be looking to sell.

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 8:16AM
klumba

I'm organizing perenual/annual exchange in Weeling, IL on the parking lot of Water treatment plant on May 30, 2010.
So far we'll going to have around 20 different flowering plants in pots - and we are interested to include everyone who can bring their trades in good conditions. Please reply if interested - I'll poste the address and directions for driving. From 10am to 1 pm is our proposed time.

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 2:11PM
olympia_gardener(5)

Hi, I am in Hoffman Estates, if this group is still active , I would like to join in to trade some of my plants.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 4:18PM
delreytropical(6)

Yes ^

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 8:45PM
mish01(5)

hi:
i have a large scion list.check it out at scionexchange on yahoo or i will e-mail it. i'm in lemont area.
i also have a large section of citrus plants and cuttings,so
Bierz e-mail me.

Bookmark   February 24, 2013 at 12:32PM
llnoe(5)

I'm new to this forum, but would love to get to know some Chicago gardnerers and traders. I'm in Burr Ridge.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 7:18AM
Staska

Is this group still active? I'm interested in joining! I'm near Dundee.

Bookmark   December 8, 2014 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
Mystery Perennial blooming now in KC
I don't often see a perennial blooming this late in...
slimwhitman
Cukes and Dill
Good Morning! Does anyone have a good estimate of when...
PalmieJill
Garden Soil Naperville area
Looking for a bulk supplier of "Garden Soil",...
prariegardner
Which tree to choose in front of house
The village removed a tree in front of my house, because...
Sandra858
looking for strong fragrance in garden
I am in Chicago zone 5 and am looking to plant something...
both
Sponsored Products
Tiverton Wool Area Rug
$949.00 | FRONTGATE
Platinum Place Rug 8' x 10'
$4,399.00 | Horchow
Designers Fountain 95685 Timberline 5 Light Chandelier in Old Bronze Finish - 95
$299.50 | Hayneedle
Karval Peshawar Rug 12' x 18' - BEIGE/RUST
$9,039.00 | Horchow
Blue Plaid Piper Rug
$24.99 | zulily
Bouchon Barstool by Domitalia
$315.36 | Lumens
New Classic Persian Heriz Rose Red Hand Knotted Wool 3' X 8' Serapi Rug H5222
BH Sun Inc
Laptop Lap Desk in Black
| Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for: