Moonflowers--Have Tons of Flowers!!

APRIL_823(Z9 TEXAS)September 23, 2004

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your help with my moonflower vines, they usually have about 20 flowers a night and smell wonderful. This was my first year with these, the only thing I didn't like was that the vines had no leaves at the bottom by the time they flowered, so next year I will buy more seeds, and plant some about 2 1/2 months after the intial planting. That way the new vines will be growing where they would be bare. How did everyone else's do?

--april--

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JustJoeyGirl(z5 NY)

This was my first year with them also. They are wonderful. I have to admit I was a bit impatient. Now I know to look for them around the beginning of September here. I also underestimated the size of the vines. I need to provide something more sturdy and tall for them the next time around. I will be planting more of them next year. I now know what the big deal is all about! They are beautiful and nicely fragrant. Watching the first one open was a treat. Are they annuals for you in your zone? When do you sow them there, when do you get your first flowers and how long do they flower for you?...I would imagine mine won't last beyond October here. Thanks for sharing....JoAnn

Bookmark   September 25, 2004 at 11:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
APRIL_823(Z9 TEXAS)

I'm not sure if they will be annuals or not here, this is my first year with annuals. I sewed them in April or May and I think my first flowers were mid-to-late August. The high here is 90 today so I'm sure I will have them for awhile.

--april--

Bookmark   September 27, 2004 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
Moon Flower Vine Blooms?
Hi! Hope someone can help me here. I planted my moon...
rommy
Why doesn't my night blooming jasmine fill the air with scent?
It has bloomed a couple of times now, but the scent...
sunrisegirl
moon flower BUSHES
I just found this forum.....I'm sure it has been here...
Jan_Hobbs
Moonflower blooms
Here it is the middle of August and I have no blooms!...
dinkeydot
Night-blooming cereus...feed?
My Night-blooming Cereus bloomed last year, just about...
delineavit
Sponsored Products
White Faux Orchid & Hydrangea Bouquet
$7.99 | zulily
Maroon Dimensional Roses 18 x 18 Pillow
$55.80 | Bellacor
Home Decorators Area Rug: Churchill Red 7' 9" Square
Home Depot
Dragonfly Flower Table Lamp
Overstock.com
Spotted Vase
$34.99 | Dot & Bo