CSA Experience

runktrun(z7a MA)December 4, 2005

Now that my first year being a member of a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) has come to and end I am reflecting back on how for me this was so much more than a resource for organic fruits, veggies, and flowers. My weekly pick-ups, which always included varieties that were new to me, a chance to stop and talk to neighbors that I knew and get to know those that I didnÂt, but most importantly watch and be a part of how other farmers/gardeners designed and layered their fields and gardens, it was amazing. I wonder what was your CSA experience like? Katy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Miss_Mudcat(SE Indiana z5)

Hi Katy,

I clicked on your post thinking you were a CSA Farmer since you posted in the Market Gardener Forum. I was anxious to read others experiences as 2005 was my first year operating a CSA. It was delightful to read your thoughts and to see how pleased you were to be a participant. Our customers were very thrilled with their produce, herbs and flowers. It was a thrilling challenge for us as growers to have such an intimate relationship with our consumers. We are happy to be continuing our CSA for 2006.

Lisa

Bookmark   January 26, 2006 at 9:34AM
More Discussions
Mara des bois strawberry?
I have just discovered Mara des bois strawberry and...
cedar_wa
Emergency: using unvented propane in greenhouse - help!
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone with some experience...
secondspring
Winter market, 2015
Darn phone, it said this message was rejected. Sorry...
jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
electric mantis tiller?
I am thinking of getting one for use in hoop houses....
jnjfarm_gw
Herbs at market
I am going to be selling more of a variety of potted...
pryz123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™