Raspberry delight

jel48(Z4 Michigan)July 9, 2007

My solution to the first fresh raspberries and NO plain vanilla ice cream in the house...

Fresh Raspberries and chocolate covered ice cream bars:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rubybaby43(z4 MN/n. metro)

Can I come over?? YUM!
Kristy :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 9:49AM
deweymn(z4mnstpaul)

Looks delicious. Now I want some.

Anyone go to the Rasberry Festival in Hopkins? I haven't gone since I was little. Wonder what it has now?

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 5:36AM
carmellia(z 4 Minn)

Dewey, I attended the Raspberry Festival only once. It was probably at least 10-12 years ago. I love raspberries.

THERE WERE NO RASPBERRIES!!! No, I am not kidding. There were no vendors selling fresh berries - no stands with raspberry sundaes and malts - no raspberry pies or filled cookies.

This was probably about 10 a.m. on Sunday, so things were not really hopping yet. Still, we wandered around town asking where we could buy raspberries, and were met with blank stares from people who did not seem to be able to figure why we thought we should be able to buy all this raspberry stuff. "Well, uh, check the grocery store" was the suggestion a few people made. And then a woman working in one of the collectible shops said that she thought the Dairy Queen made a raspberry malt - and they did. We each had one. It was made of a jam/type raspberry. It wasn't very good. It tasted of artificial coloring. But, it was raspberry.

Maybe check with someone who has had a more current experience. Maybe they have caught on that saying you are having a raspberry festival encourages people to think that you are celebrating the raspberry, and people may expect to be able to get some.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. It was the most disappointing "festival expereince" I have every had. Carmie

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
clivia
I have a huge yellow clivia for free
lonemuchow
What vegetables can I still plant from seed as of mid-August?
I just cleaned out the last broccoli, turnip, and cabbage...
nick_b79
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
Seed catalog time
Over the past two weeks a whole lot of seed and nursery...
OldDutch
Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae
I am looking for a Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae. Looks...
stuckInMN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™