bulbs

Kristin3(z4MN)August 24, 2007

I maybe should post this on the bulb forum, but hope that someone in this forum has a lot of knowledge of them. I want to add a bulb garden with different times of blooms starting with early spring to late summer or fall any help would be nice. I really do not want to have to dig them up in the fall and store them. I just want to plant them and watch them grow I live in Anoka. Thanks for the help.

Kristin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

Kristin, You have lots of choices.You can start out with snowdrops, muscari, daffodils,tulips, and alliums.Then comes the parade of lilies; martagons, asiatics, LA's, Trumpets, orientpets, and orientals. Personally I don't plant many orientals any more. They just don't do as well for me as some of the others. All these ask is that they have good drainage. You may want to check out the John Scheepers Beauty from Bulbs catalog.They have a wide selection of bulbs.

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 10:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

Species lilies, alliums and fall blooming crocus are the last to bloom in my yard- Fritilaries are a favorite spring bulb of mine-
Have fun planning what you may want to have- and think about planting some of them soon like the daffodils. They need a chance to develope some good roots before the cold hits-

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Help ID'ing blue flowers
Some of you may remember my neighbor, Sara, who was...
jel48
Looking for narrow shrub that can handle part shade and dry soil
Hello, My husband and I have a privacy screen made...
brian_forney
Late Summer Garden Swap???
Anyone interested in a late summer/early autumn garden...
KittyWitty
Hot Pepper Spray questions: making, affect on taste, effectivenes
Hi, I'm considering making some hot pepper spray to...
srj19
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™