WANTED: Vinca minor

lise_bApril 7, 2006

Would anybody near the Boston area be willing to let me come over and dig up a few V. minor plants? Or maybe bring some to the June plant swap? Or be willing to mail me a few? I can trade for any of the stuff on my trade list, or I'll pay postage.

The plain old species will do fine. It's going in a strip of soil that's surrounded by tens of feet of concrete paving-- not the slightest escape hazard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheeshrn(MA z5)

Hi,
I have vinca in my front, the whole area is very over grown, but I saw a few blooms out there this week. I plan on going to the June 3 swap in Biierica. If you are interested, I should be able to bring you some.
Let me know,
Sheesh

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 9:31PM
lise_b

That would be great! You don't even need to pot them up, I think-- if you just go out on the morning of the swap and dig up some plants with soil around the roots, you can put them in a plastic grocery bag and give them a watering and they should be fine until I can get them home.

Thanks so much! :)

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 2:41PM
viewscaper

Hi Sheeshrn,
I am searching for Vinca Minor as well. If you have a thick mat of it I would much appreciate swapping something with you.
I have some veronica waterperry blue (speedwell)... white siberian iris... violets ...I garden in Maine.

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 4:53PM
littleonefb

Greeining, will have some vinca for you at the swap, probably all potted up.
Viewscaper, can have some for you too at the swap, are you thinking of coming?

Fran

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 10:16AM
lise_b

The more the better, Fran, thanks! My ultimate goal to cover the space looks like ~50 plants, and I will take cuttings from whatever I get at the swap to get up to that number. Thanks again!

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 10:25AM
littleonefb

Greening,will have them ready and put aside for you, will get as many as I can for you. Don't forget all my seedlings that will need good homes. Far more than last year, now have close to 500 containers out there and more going out on Friday.

Fran

Bookmark   April 27, 2006 at 7:52PM
littleonefb

Greening
Will have at least 15 vinca minor for you at the swap. Someone coming will no doupt have more for you too.

Fran

Bookmark   May 7, 2006 at 5:19PM
More Discussions
Deer resistant evergreen shrub
Was wondering if you have any suggestions for an evergreen...
BloominOnion
Did anyone attend NEGROWS ?
With the 3 feet of snow, and of coarse the Super Bowl...
ron48
Anyone lose trees/limbs/children to the Blizaard of 2015?
Did the recent snow storm(s) damage anyone's trees,...
edlincoln
when do your daffodils bloom?
When do your daffodils bloom? I can't wait for them...
daffodil33
Seeds & Plants on Sale, Locally? Online Catalog Sales?
Finally starting to feel like the growing season is...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™