Please try 'Flower Scent Gardens', everyone!

pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)April 29, 2005

I am a long time Bluestone customer, but last fall several people here or on the Cutflower forum were raving about Chrysanthemum 'Emperor of China'. I searched everywhere and found it at a reasonable price at the Flower Scent Gardens. I was a bit skeptical about ordering from someone I had not heard of, but some of you highly recommended this grower.

My 'Emperor of China' arrived yesterday without fanfare. There should have been a reception line and a big parade for the Emperor! Wow....I have never received a larger and healthier looking plant for $3.50 each! Bluestone, move over!

This is a very small grower, though..a one man operation. I think he has only one greenhouse. He does everything himself, does not have a fancy catalog, but every entry is lovingly described. His love for plants really showed in the plants and package he mailed.........which is exceptional. And a fellow composter will appreciate his packaging; he stuffed the box with shredded newspaper and he recycled his shipping box!

I'll have to hunt down his catalog and send him an email.

Here's the address:

Flower Scent Gardens

14820 Moine Rd.

Doylestown, OH 44230-9744

Phone & Fax: (330) 658 5946

E-mail address: fsg@brightdsl.net

I wish I had more room. I will definitely order from him again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stacyp9(5 Chicago)

What a great review! Make sure you go over to Dave's Garden Watchdog and put in an evaluation for him there. A lot of people read that site.

Bookmark   April 29, 2005 at 2:19PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Yes, thank you for reminding me that. I added my comments on the Gardenwatchdog this morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowerscentgardens

Bookmark   April 29, 2005 at 2:34PM
anitamo(5)

I ordered some plants the other day, because I was impressed with your review and the site. I'll let you know how it goes. I did get all unusual plants, for me anyways.

Bookmark   May 4, 2005 at 1:29AM
gardeninggrrl(z5 IL)

I haven't even GOTTEN my plants from there yet, and I already love this place! I accidentally stumbled across Flower Scent when was looking for Chocolate Cosmos....got sucked in by the reference to Oompa Loompas...and have ordered a bunch of things that should arrive next week.

In the meantime, though, I'm swooning over the customer service. The nice emails from Glenn (when I screwed up the ship-to date and kept adding to my original order), the updates, the catalog I got in the mail....everything is just perfect. I can't wait to get my plants - I'm sure they'll be as wonderful as I've heard, and I'm sure I'll be giving you all a happy update in about a week's time. :-)

GG

Bookmark   May 5, 2005 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
Tree ID Please (Saint Louis, MO)
Any ideas? This post was edited by chinandega81 on...
chinandega81
Cukes and Dill
Good Morning! Does anyone have a good estimate of when...
PalmieJill
Transplanting peonies, hydrangea now?
I would like to move some peonies and plant one hydrangea....
dan_in_winfield
looking for strong fragrance in garden
I am in Chicago zone 5 and am looking to plant something...
both
Emergency transplanting advice
Dear fellow Midwesterners, I need your advice on the...
uchi_newbie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™