Trade/take Wisteria 7 yrs 7f T light for part-sun evergree

dirtonmyface(Amesbury MA Zone 5-6)June 3, 2007

Hi,

Have a Wisteria (purple blue) that is light because I trimmed it yearly. I bought it about 7 yrs ago and after waiting for years for it to bloom, I learned that it requires full sun! I don't have a full sun so it will not no matter where I move it--I was a beginner gardener at the time and was looking for the majestic looks that they have!

Looking for a couple or a combination of medium (about 4f T or 3f W )Malten Laurel, Hicks Yew, and/or pencil boxwood. In general, looking for evergreens that grow in part-sun.

If you don't have an evergreen to trade, but want the Wisteria anyway, let me know. I am re-planting a large area so I may still trade it for other plants.

Note: Wisterias require maturity for flowering and mine ready to pop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sullicorbitt(z5 MA)

I am interested in your Wisteria, where are you located? I have several yews I want to get rid of! I'm not exactly sure if they are hicks yews but I can send you pictures if you like. I have some very large ones and smaller ones. If they are not what your looking for I also have lots of perennials.

I am in Andover, MA.

Thanks,
Sheila

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 1:18PM
dirtonmyface(Amesbury MA Zone 5-6)

Hi,
I am in Amesbury. I got this description from the web:'Hicks' yew (Taxus x mediaI made a mistake,too. The 'pencil' boxwood was meant to be "Sky Pencil" holly. I only have a small area where a couple of sky pencil hollies will do fine. I don't know how to edit my initial posting. Sorry.

Yes, pls email me pics/list of perenials you wish to trade.
I am so exited!

L.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 2:51PM
sullicorbitt(z5 MA)

Hi,
I made a photobucket album for you to look at, I couldn't find your e-mail so feel free to e-mail me from the link on my page.

I just took the pictures in the rain so keep that in mind they may appear dark. The yews I have grow in dense shade and any soil, they are currently in very sandy dry soil w/lots of shade and grow well despite the horrid conditions. Like I said some are smaller and some are really huge.

Here's the link to the album, just scroll down to view the pictures.

-Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: photos of plants

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 6:08PM
dirtonmyface(Amesbury MA Zone 5-6)

Hi Sheila,
Sorry for the delay in responding. Evertyhing I was planning to do halted after learning that my Kitty whom I've had for 14 years has cancer. For now, she is doing well; still being her old self and enjoying the sun and the anuals on the deck. About the Wisteria, it is yours when you are ready to get it.
L.

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
How to change houzz background
I just saw this on another forum: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/2854079/installing-stylish-to-change-houzz-background#14392444 It...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Flora at THBG
I think this exhibition of flowers and flower arrangements...
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #2
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
What Trees in Your Yard Look Prettiest Now?
We tend to fixate on Spring blooms. What trees in your...
edlincoln
How are you guys holding up in this "Snowpocalypse"??
Hi guys, haven't been posting much, but still lurk...
terrene_ma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™