be careful of what we wish for--RAIN/

playdirt(z4 MN)August 20, 2007

Well we were hoping for rain--we got the rain--over 10 inches and more coming. I dug a 4 foot deep hole for the foundation of a second greenhouse--it is quite full. the swimming pool is running over--the drain area can not keep up with it. I am not sure if the plants will be over soaked or not. what a weekend we had in the south Mn. Hope all are ok. playdirt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

Same thing here. This is the first time I ever had a rain gauge overflow, and the sad thing is that if I had dumped it halfway through, I'm pretty sure it would have overflowed a second time. All the potted plants looked 'refreshed' on Saturday morning, and more like 'drowned' on Sunday morning. All in all, though, we're very lucky in that we don't have anything flooded like so many do right now, and we didn't get the hail that Dave and others got a week or so ago.

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 6:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adamterrie(4)

We went from no rain to only rain . . . .

I grew up in southeastern Minnesota and I have a lot of family who still lives in that area. My mother lives (or lived) in a first-floor apartment in Rushford, Minnesota that totally flooded Saturday night/Sunday morning. My mother, sister and my sisters two young daughters were able to escape the flooding in the middle of the night. They are all fine. The entire town of Rushford was evacuated.

The television footage of the massive flooding of areas where I grew up, is quite unbelievable.

- Adam

Bookmark   August 21, 2007 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Wildflower seeds for Mn gardeners
I'm offering free seeds for Mn folks(and other upper...
dandy_line
Garden Club in Northern Suburbs
Looking for a garden club. Would like to find a group...
doucanoe
Seed Saving Workshop- rescheduled
Learn how to save seed correctly without misinformation...
little_minnie
Identify this plant please.
I found this plant at some one's home, outdoors. They...
ju1234
What's the productive lifespan of Zuchinni and Squash in MN?
I'm working in a community garden and of course there...
srj19
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™