shy Carolina lily (Lilium michauxii)

ncmarcieFebruary 16, 2010

Carolina lily is our official state wildflower, but no one seems to know where to find one. I'd like to plant and spread them around my Carolina coastal town. Any ideas on where to find them, propagate them or buy them? Many thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wildflowerman_2000

Hi ncmarcie, I have a few germinated seed that I've just placed into cold stratification a couple of weeks ago. They will be ready to come out in late April and if you remind me I'll be glad to share a few with a fellow NC person. Please contact me at wildflowerman_2000@yahoo.com .
Regards,
Mark

Bookmark   February 16, 2010 at 3:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nckvilledudes(7a NC)

NCmarcie, do contact Mark. He was nice enough to share some of the seeds of michauxii, superbum, and catesbaei with me, as well as asclepias variegata!

Mark, the superbum seeds have the little bulbils formed on them. When do they actually get potted up and where should I keep them until warmer weather arrives?

The michauxii and catesbaei are still in refrigeration but have no roots forming yet.

I also got some white regal lilies from another person. They are already showing little roots forming out of the seed coats. Do you know anything about them as far as how to proceed with them?

Thanks for any and all information.

Bookmark   February 17, 2010 at 8:13AM
More Discussions
Tips on growing ferns from spores? Have prothallia!
This year I decided I'd try my hand at growing ferns...
candogal
Create well-adapted strains in the garden from foreign ecotypes?
Hi, Of course, it is ideal to cultivate the most local...
njbiology
Looking for Alternative for Russian Sage
Over the weekend, I was out of the state and seen some...
lovefornature
Is it cheating to use varieties that were bread from natives?
For example, instead of native Itea virginica, using...
gribbleton
Id. plant
Help with the name , please
bromelia2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™