Grape vine extras

leaveswave(.)August 25, 2007

We just finished weaving a roof for our gazebo (finally!!!) and have some extra grape vines. The range from 1/4" - 3/4" thick. You might think I'd be sick of the sight of them after the roof project, but that turned out so well that I'd like to make use of them if I can come up with one that I like.

Post your creative brainstorming ideas. The more detail the better chance I'll be able to visualize it (pictures are even better). I'm interested in hearing about outdoor projects, attractive (not too cutesy or junky), and not take hours and hours (or a glue gun! ;-).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

Use them to cover inverted tomato cage wires and weave around at base- middle and top to use as decorative upright supports.
Wreathes- Garland- baskets- lashing for twig furniture- use long dead ones for willow fencing (See link)- Drape over fences for vines to climb up- Weave into balls and string light through them to hang- or just toss the balls about the yard- did I mention wreaths? Make a HUGE nest and put HUGE tufa eggs in it- Lay same size pieces down in a row- and weave some rope in from the cut edges a bit and pave your paths with custom garden "rugs"- Oh yes- there are wreaths you can make and decorate in any theme and give to all of your friends!
Hey- anybody need grapevines?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 25, 2007 at 10:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leaveswave(.)

I was too tired to do anything. I went to bed, and in the morning, this is what I found...

Here is a link that might be useful: A Tree Egg!

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
What would you plant here?
Hi, I have a new house and I'm trying to get the foundation...
zone4newby
What's the productive lifespan of Zuchinni and Squash in MN?
I'm working in a community garden and of course there...
srj19
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Hot Pepper Spray questions: making, affect on taste, effectivenes
Hi, I'm considering making some hot pepper spray to...
srj19
Have you grown foxglove or sweetpea from seed?
I was wondering, have any of you grown these from seed?...
primgal36
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™