Boneheaded moves...

NinjaPixie(z5 Chicago)April 4, 2005

I worked outside all day yesterday, and was quite pleased with myself for remembering to put sunscreen on the back of my neck for once. But later that evening, I discovered that I'd fried a big red stripe across my lower back, thanks to my low-slung comfy pants. (It really smarts today... see, my office-work pants are NOT low-slung.)

What boneheaded moves have you made in your yard and garden? Misery loves company! Join me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smom40(5MO)

Coming to zone 5 from zone 9 means precautions in the winter that I never had to take previously.

End of December, talk of snow coming in. I was late finishing my mulching and was worried about my rhodie out front. Sitting at the table, thinking about this, I finally jumped up and announced that I needed to spread 'at least' one bag of mulch. It was 9:30pm at night and 30 degrees. Didn't feel cold in my heavy coat, especially dragging and spreading SEVEN bags of half-frozen mulch. (okay, once you get started...I stopped ONLY because the neighbor dog started barking and I didn't want my neighbors to think that I'm weird.)

What I didn't think about is that if you're outside for that length of time and it's below freezing and not wearing gloves...:p

Took two weeks of slathering my hands with grease to get the skin on the back of them to heal. But I learned that if you jump up and down on a bag of frozen mulch, you can break it up enough to spread it. ;)

Stick around. Gardening season is just starting here. I'm sure that I'll provide more than enough entertainment through my ignorance to make you feel much better! LOL

Bookmark   April 4, 2005 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
Kansas City - here I come! (help pls.)
My husband and I are going to be moving to Kansas City...
aprilk
Columnar fastigiate screening tree recommendations
hello! I'm wondering if members have recommendations...
SchnooMom
moving perennials with some disease
Bought a hydrangea very cheap this summer ... Cheap...
dan_in_winfield
WANTED: Chicago Area Traders?
Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in doing a spring...
vhinkes
Mystery Perennial blooming now in KC
I don't often see a perennial blooming this late in...
slimwhitman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™