Some Mini's & Some ID help

Kate1970(7a)July 20, 2014

Found a local hosta retailer where I ran in the American Hosta Society secretary and she was buying hosta's. I took this as a good sign. :) The retailer orders from Bob Solberg and with that I was on my way. A few new minis from the retailer and Naylors Creek.

Back (left to right)- Holy Mouse Ears & Pandora's Box
Front: Cameo & Little Wonder
Center: Pixie Vamp

Please ignore the dirt all over my patio, a certain sweet but bad little dog had fun digging all the dirt out of one of my media boxes while I took a break inside for some water.

I emailed Naylors already but they must be super busy. This streaker came along with my order as a freebie but had no label. I'm sure he'll get back to me but in the meantime, any guesses?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
josephines123 z5 ON Canada

Kate, I'm sorry I can't help you with the name of the streaker, but I really like your mini garden. I also have HME and PB, but lost my 2011 Cameo over the winter :-(

If this thread gets buried, bump it up or try new thread for the ID of the streaker. Streakers have a way of perking up everyone's attention (boing!) lol
Jo

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 11:29AM
Kate1970(7a)

Thanks Jo,

I swore I wouldn't start collecting minis and then I saw these guys. Still trying to get a hold of mini skirt. :) Will try your suggestion and post a new thread on the streaker.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 6:01PM

Just to whet your appetite...here is Mini Skirt, new in June..to the left of it is Cracker Crumbs.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 7:59PM
Babka NorCal 9b

E-Mail the Naylor Boyz again or even a phone call. They are usually very responsive. Because streakers are so inconsistently streaked, it is very difficult to ID a new one.

-Babka

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 8:17PM
Kate1970(7a)

Jo why didn't I know you when I lived in North York, Ontario! Gah!

Thanks Babka I am going back and fourth with them trying to figure it out. Since it was free can't really complain. :) I probably wouldn't complain even if I paid for it, I love it. Perhaps as it matures it will be easier to id. We ended up getting into a conversation about getting old blanking out and going into robot mode. :) A place I visit more often than I'd care to admit.

This post was edited by Kate1970 on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 21:32

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 9:28PM

Ah, Kate, it's all good! Lol. :-) just keep buying...and posting...and buying....and posting and I will try and do same, lol.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 12:26AM
More Discussions
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
Anyone wanna do Leaf shots? Hosta 'Dream Queen'
Who needs slo-poke 'Thunderbolt'? fwiw, hh
hostahillbilly
New arrivals
It dawned mild and sunny here in Wales today. The postman...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
Here we go again !
I seem to recall that about this time last year I posted...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™