Canada Thistle Field Day

nordbyc(zone 4)August 31, 2006

Canada Thistle Field Day on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 from 9 am to 5 pm at the University of Minnesota Southwest Research & Outreach Center near Lamberton, MN. Discover tips on using the biology of Canada thistle to your advantage. Learn about ongoing management studies. See field comparisons of the latest establishment techniques, and view cultural and herbicide technologies to manage Canada thistle in native prairies. These practices also apply to CRP native seedings, pastures, and roadside right-of-way sites! A detailed brochure is attached to link below. There is no fee to attend the Field Day but you must register by Friday, September 8, 2006 to: Jean Swanson at 612-625-2740 or e-mail (swans008@umn.edu) or contact Louanne Brooks (lsbrooks@dow.com). Please feel free to forward this information to others who may have an interest in the topic.

http://swroc.coafes.umn.edu/upcoming/2006/canthis.pdf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladylotus(Z3/4 ND)

Can you please share any information on how to erradicate this obnoxious weed. Unfortunately, I live in ND and was not able to attend. I have two weeds that have been very challenging in my flowerbeds 1) Canadian Thistle 2) Bindweed or creeping jenny. I do have one other weed that is causing me to pull my hair out but I've not yet identified it. I've tried round up and it appears as though I might be giving them a good dose of fertilizer instead of a weed killing agent, even when using the 40% strength roundup.

Do any of you have success getting rid of these two weeds?

Bookmark   September 15, 2006 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Wildflower seeds for Mn gardeners
I'm offering free seeds for Mn folks(and other upper...
dandy_line
What vegetables can I still plant from seed as of mid-August?
I just cleaned out the last broccoli, turnip, and cabbage...
nick_b79
Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae
I am looking for a Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae. Looks...
stuckInMN
What would you plant here?
Hi, I have a new house and I'm trying to get the foundation...
zone4newby
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™