I'm as Mad as ***...'landscape' crews

entlingMay 28, 2007

My parents are getting on in years, & my mom can't take care of her garden the way she used to. I try to help out as much as I can, but in Spring I'm busy with my own garden, so she had a landscape crew (the people who cut their grass) edge her beds & put down mulch. Result - VOLCANOS!!! MULCH on top of PLANTS!! Weeds buried! Soil from the edging thrown onto plants & tree trunks! Guess who has to fix these messes? I can't take it anymore. (Sorry about the rant.)

Does anyone know of a gardener in the Chicagoland area my parents could hire to do these chores for them? They live in the Northwest suburbs.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silverwind(z5 IL)

Ouch. :(

Whereabouts in the suburbia? That might help narrow down your search.
If I weren't babysitting my niece on top of my own, I might have the time... *sigh*

Also, have you thought about asking local garden clubs or the like? They might have current recommendations.

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 11:55AM
entling

They live in Arlington Hts. Thanks for the suggestion about garden clubs. I'll mention it to my mom.

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 7:13PM
lynne_melb(z9b Melb FL)

Entling,

Small world, we used to live in Arl Hts. Have you tried looking for a high school kid in their neighborhood? That used to work for me. If you know of anyone who lives in Surrey Ridge West (just south of Northwest Community Hospital), the homeowners association has a directory of people living there, and in the back is a list of kids that will do yard work. I guess that other homeowner associations might have something similar.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 4:04PM
susan926

Call Gary's lawn service, he is a Buffalo Grove cop who has this gardening business on the side. They are pretty good, I can't complain. Email me if you want the number - we are in Long Grove.

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Columnar fastigiate screening tree recommendations
hello! I'm wondering if members have recommendations...
SchnooMom
What killed my trees?
My young cherry tree suddenly died a few days ago....
fsheik1
WANTED: Chicago Area Traders?
Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in doing a spring...
vhinkes
Good source for cold hardy Bald Cypress?
I've read Bald Cypress is capable of growing in the...
Pontederia
moving perennials with some disease
Bought a hydrangea very cheap this summer ... Cheap...
dan_in_winfield
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™