Bunny troubles

fsheik1(5)May 26, 2014

Our back yard is infested with bunnies, they constantly attack my vegetable patch. Any suggestions on how to protect my vegetables?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden(z6)

Some people swear by used cat litter. Others have tried cayenne pepper. I have more than rabbits to contend with (chipmunks,squirrels, groundhogs) so I will not have a garden unless it is entirely fenced in. I googled to find a solution. Even though it is in another forum, you might find some of the info useful. Good luck!

www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43275&sid=0fb9719282a872737e091da011c75836

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 8:45AM
luv2garden

Dog Hair! If you don't have your own that you brush out,you can find a dog grooming shop that would be happy
to give your their clippings.
Fill a knee-hi panty hose sock with the hair (you don't have to use the whole sock!), and make "sachets". Hang them low around your plants, you can tie to chopsticks from your
favorite chinese place or use wooden skewers from the dollar store. Because their bodies are so flexible, they can get through most wiring.
I had a bunch of rabbits in the winter- chewed the bark on my roses. So I decided to "feed" them, thus savings plants.
They graced me with only two babies, which scampered off when I found them - full of fur & cotton tails! No rabbits thus far.
You may also want to consider an area far from your plants and create a bunny patch...timothy grass is very good for their digestive system - at Pet Supplies Plus, parsley, carrots with tops, etc.

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 7:22AM
kathyb912_in (5a/5b, Central IN)(5a/5b)

The only luck I've had is with fencing. We make "playpens" out of chicken wire and 1x2 framing and surround the plants that the rabbits love. We started out attaching the panels to each other with hinges, but have found that making a bunch of separate panels and attaching them to each other with strips of velcro tape actually gives us more flexibility on shape and makes it easy to remove a single panel for access.

Bookmark   May 29, 2014 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Flowering Orchid
I have a house plant that my mother had started and...
junefarmgirl
Tree ID Please (Saint Louis, MO)
Any ideas? This post was edited by chinandega81 on...
chinandega81
Cukes and Dill
Good Morning! Does anyone have a good estimate of when...
PalmieJill
moving perennials with some disease
Bought a hydrangea very cheap this summer ... Cheap...
dan_in_winfield
Volunteer plants from annuals not hardy to zone
I posted in the impatiens forum about my shock of finding...
fieldofflowers
Sponsored Products
World at Peace Wall Plaque - 740
$30.99 | Hayneedle
Gingham & Giggles One Tier Diaper Cake - Girl - GG1TG
$55.36 | Hayneedle
Casa Optima Industrial Brushed Steel Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Remer by Nameeks Q82US Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet - REMER Q82US
$655.00 | Hayneedle
Sitting Rabbit Figurine
$9.99 | zulily