what bulbs are in bloom now in zone 4a/5b?

mary4b(4b WI)May 4, 2007

My Serviceberry trees are just begging for me to underplant them with some bulbs for next year's bloom. They've just opened up today.

Anyone in zone 4b or 5a, could you tell me some varieties of bulbs that you have in bloom right now? I'm leaning towards a traditional look...some red tulips along with some daffodils would be great...but any great idea will be very welcome! I need varieties that are coming into bloom now or have been in bloom for 1/2 week, nothing that is finishing, as my trees are just starting. They had swollen buds all last week and today they opened up after a few days of sunshine.

I've posted this in the bulb forum, as well, so hope you don't mind if you see it twice. I'm in Appleton, Wisconsin...that's Northeast Wisconsin.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
entling

My muscari are still blooming, and have been for several weeks."Hillstar" narcissus starting blooming 2 days ago, but I just planted them last fall, so they may actually be slightly earlier. The peony-flowered tulips are also coming into bloom now in Chicago suburbia.

Bookmark   May 5, 2007 at 8:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

Daffs, hyacinth and snow crocus, stopped blooming about 3 wks ago..many tulips are now in bloom..Star Gazer Lily's have sprouted...Toni

Bookmark   May 9, 2007 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
looking for strong fragrance in garden
I am in Chicago zone 5 and am looking to plant something...
both
Too late to plant grass in Kansas city area?
I have several patches in my yard that need to be reseeded....
M V
Transplanting peonies, hydrangea now?
I would like to move some peonies and plant one hydrangea....
dan_in_winfield
Columnar fastigiate screening tree recommendations
hello! I'm wondering if members have recommendations...
SchnooMom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™