Weather!

ourguys(z5 NIL)May 24, 2007

It's almost 90 here in NE IL, and with a terrific wind. Leaves are flying off our huge sugar maple, and the ground is full of big cracks. Really no rain to speak of all month. Can't water all 3/4 acre, so will have to let some things fend for themselves. And we have so many seeds in, veggie and flowers. Very disheartening.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
entling

May is no longer part of Spring, it's Summer. I gave up on late flowering tulips long ago because they always got cooked by the heat. I fear the drought has begun. We got spoiled last year with above-average precip. Sigh...

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 3:19PM
plant_nanny(z5KaneIL)

Yes, I agree. This is the wierdest Spring I can remember. Snow, sleet, pouring rain, heat, week's worth of hard freezes, more snow, more heat, more rain and now drought! Mother Nature is slamming us for sure! Life in the garden is never boring!

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 5:31PM
birdsnblooms

I've noticed our seasons have changed throughout the years..it's awful..we no longer have 4 seasons..now it's winter and summer..we might get a wk or two of spring/fall, but that's about it..heck, we don't even get spring rains like we once did..what's going on?
Two days ago it was in the 90's then on Fri dropped in the 50's..I doubt our bulbs know what to do anymore..
I also noticed my hardy hibiscus and Rose of Sharons are popping up a lot faster than they used to..I don't recall ever seeing my one hardy Hib, (disco belle) popping up this early in the year..yet, it's already several inches tall. Something's messed up for sure..Toni

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 3:49PM
More Discussions
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
WANTED: Chicago Area Exchange Meetup
I'm going to try to get everyone here to meet up and...
zubdog
Transplanting peonies, hydrangea now?
I would like to move some peonies and plant one hydrangea....
dan_in_winfield
Please name this plant
Bought a home and this is growing in the yard in several...
snowburd
Garden Soil Naperville area
Looking for a bulk supplier of "Garden Soil",...
prariegardner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™