Neighbor Poisening plants?

jude1(5IA)May 30, 2013

Wasn't sure where to post this, have had an issue with one shrub, it is pretty much goners, and without going into details, have had trouble with a neighbor (I am guilty of standing up to them) they are alcoholic, dysfunctional and he has taken his hatred out on me for years, i have not retaliated, just try to keep my nose to my own business...well i lost a wonderful old mock orange, what little new growth I had wilted and died...have been keeping an eye on another, was wilty at the top, i checked on it this am and found this powder sprinkkled at the base. I am going to try to get the soil analyzed i have preseved what I can...took pics...any ideas what it may be? i dont know what to do yet cannot afford much right now, any ideas??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jude1(5IA)

I thought the wilt was from excess rain, or humidity...

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 3:32PM
ericwi

I cant say what the powder is, but rock salt would kill any plant, sooner or later.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 10:08PM
jude1(5IA)

this one died off last year, but came back up. He sprayed some daylilies, i saw that so...he quit that , too obvious. Lost a hydrangea, a mock orange and this now. I wish his girlfriend would quit makin him do all her garden work, he absolutly hates it, but i have heard her out there chewing his youknowwhat. He put antifreeze out to kill any stray animals, I have found a rabbit head (just the head) in my yard, certain he did it, you dont find a perfectly cut off rabbit head...all manners of sickness. will i have to replace any dirt that has been salted? he takes it out on my yard for some reason...maybe because i do all my work myself?? i dunno...I pray he just leaves it alone...karma is a taskmaster you dont want to mess with... Thanks ericwi.

Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 11:45PM
teeooh(4a)

WOW

Have you contacted police? Is that further than you want to go?

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Detroit Area Gardeners?
Hi, This gardening season I'm going to be moving to...
rachels_haven
Columnar fastigiate screening tree recommendations
hello! I'm wondering if members have recommendations...
SchnooMom
Please name this plant
Bought a home and this is growing in the yard in several...
snowburd
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
WANTED: Chicago Area Traders?
Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in doing a spring...
vhinkes
Sponsored Products
Natural Beauty Faux Floral - MULTI COLORS
$495.00 | Horchow
Safavieh Area Rug: Bohemian Natural/Black 4' x 6'
Home Depot
David Trubridge Design | Flax Pendant Light - Paint
YLighting
Jane Seymour 12 in. Lavender and Boxwood Arrangement in Wooden Planter Brown - P
$90.00 | Hayneedle
Filigree Containers - Set of 3
$47.99 | Dot & Bo
Trendscape Path & Landscape Lights Bromeliad Brown Plant Solar LED Light
$29.97 | Home Depot
Stainless Steel Thumb Control Nozzle
$19.50 | FRONTGATE
Rust Round Resin Festonada Urn - A635033
$156.15 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™