Habits of Silver Lace Vine?

birdwing(z4 MN)May 22, 2005

Does anyone have one of these? We bought one and I was about to plant it and then read that you shouldn't plant it where it can "mingle with other plants" . Does anyone have experience with this vine? I also read that some people think it smells nice while others think it smells odd or even bad when blooming...

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pianolady(z4bIA)

I had one, but took it out. Was so agressive and I did have other plants nearby that it just smothered. It would have climbed clear to the top of the flagpole if I'd let it. The place I bought it from said nothing about it being this way, and I'd asked when I purchased it too.

The vine in late season was very overgrown, shows at the upper left side of the photo. The link below is from earlier in the season, before it was overgrown.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   May 23, 2005 at 1:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
both(z5IL)

Yes this will take over. In our case we wanted something to take over a huge pergola's roof. One day I was sitting under the pergolla and realized one of its branches had twined around the leg of a chair-- the chair had not been in that location for more than a couple of days

Bookmark   June 20, 2005 at 9:33PM
More Discussions
Columnar fastigiate screening tree recommendations
hello! I'm wondering if members have recommendations...
SchnooMom
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
moving perennials with some disease
Bought a hydrangea very cheap this summer ... Cheap...
dan_in_winfield
Transplanting peonies, hydrangea now?
I would like to move some peonies and plant one hydrangea....
dan_in_winfield
Flowering Orchid
I have a house plant that my mother had started and...
junefarmgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™