Rain barrels in Rochester?

jel48(Z4 Michigan)September 30, 2007

And speaking of rain.... which it is still doing btw.... Does anyone know of a good source for rain barrels in Rochester? I'm pretty sure I can find them at Fleet Farm, but anywhere else?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carmellia(z 4 Minn)

As windy as it has been, just wait. They will come to you. That is where I got my send barrel. Somebody's large plastic trash barrel, I'm sure. One evening it was in my front yard. I left it sit in the front yard for several days. Then I moved it out onto the boulevard. Still no takers. So it became my second water barrel. (The lid must have gone a different direction.)

Since that time I have written my address on my trash barrels and on the lids. I would have returned the barrel if I had any idea where to take it. Carmellia

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 1:21PM
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

LOL Carmelia! If one comes to me, I gaurantee that it will never leave (at least not so long as it rains like it has lately) 'cause it will be full of water and way tooooo heavy to ever blow anywhere else again! I have to admit to finding trash can lids, and a blue plastic tarp in my yard after windstorms of the last few years, and some other oddes and ends too!

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 11:10PM
deweymn(z4mnstpaul)

Check with places that have swimming pools. The blue barrels may be available and can be rinsed out.

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 6:11AM
More Discussions
clivia
I have a huge yellow clivia for free
lonemuchow
Peach Trees in Minnesota
I've heard of some people successfully growing peach...
rkinsella
Identify this plant please.
I found this plant at some one's home, outdoors. They...
ju1234
What's the productive lifespan of Zuchinni and Squash in MN?
I'm working in a community garden and of course there...
srj19
Seed catalog time
Over the past two weeks a whole lot of seed and nursery...
OldDutch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™