master gardener

johnnordlund(4)September 25, 2009

im thinking about going throught the master gardener program through the u of m.... just suprised of cost..... has any one ever went through the program and is it a good exp..????? and so on

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

I took the core course last winter. I loved every minute of it. I took the course online. I've become very involved with the MG group, met some great people and have logged over 80 hours so far. It's something I had been considering for several years. I'm very glad I did it.

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 11:59PM
crocosmia_mn(z4)

I am a new Master Gardener and I loved the "live" classes at the U of M. The monthly MG meetings almost always have excellent speakers and there are lots of different volunteer jobs to do (I have more choice now in my second year, but it was easy to get the first year's 50 hours.) You will learn a ton, especially from working with other Master Gardeners. It is important to be someone who genuinely enjoys volunteering and answering people's questions and working with others on gardening projects. Anything specific you wanted to know about?

Bookmark   September 27, 2009 at 10:53PM
rosebacopa2(4MN)

I too hightly recommend the program. You meet new friends who have your passion as well. The updates and classes are very interesting. The hours are not too hard to get and.... I guess I cannot say enough about how great the whole MG program is...
Lynn

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 1:26PM
More Discussions
Identify this plant please.
I found this plant at some one's home, outdoors. They...
ju1234
What's the productive lifespan of Zuchinni and Squash in MN?
I'm working in a community garden and of course there...
srj19
What to do with all of my Kale?
I grew kale for the first time and really have a beautiful...
vpeterson
Seed Saving Workshop- rescheduled
Learn how to save seed correctly without misinformation...
little_minnie
Wildflower seeds for Mn gardeners
I'm offering free seeds for Mn folks(and other upper...
dandy_line
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™