HVX testing

bkay2000July 31, 2012

I'm doing an HVX test. It says not to submerge the test strip more than 1/4 inch. It doesn't look like it's in the solution. It's just stuck in the top of the sack, but that's the way the diagram looks. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

bkay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ctopher_mi

Hi bkay,

At the bottom of the strip there is a line with some arrows. That points into the solution and should just be up to that line in liquid. I often put a paper clip at the top to hold it at the right level. Depending on where you cut off the top of the pouch and depending on how much liquid is in the pouch it will appear to be at different heights I suppose. But it has to be in the liquid to work, and should only be wet at the bottom. If the solution doesn't wick up from the bottom it won't work at all.

Chris

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 6:17PM
bkay2000

Thanks, Chris

bkay

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 7:32PM
Ludi _PA_7a

Bkay thank you for bringing this topic up.

I am reminded of a post from about a month or so ago where someone provided a link for buying test strips, but then something else about a reduced price ??

Am I crazy, I am going to go do a search through the forums and see if I can't find it.

But if someone reads this and remembers the post before I scrounge it up, linking it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keeping my fingers crossed for Bkay :)

Ludi

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 8:42PM
bkay2000

The specimen was negative. Thanks for your interest.

What you might be referring to is the ordering page for the HVX test strips at agdia.com. When you bring the page up, it's not immediately apparent that you have an option to the $100. something price for the strips. It's a pulldown window, so you can order 5 kits, which is about $35. I missed it the first time.

bkay

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 10:13PM
Ludi _PA_7a

Ahhh yes thank you Bkay. That is what I was thinking about.

I am going to order some strips for my new additions from the local nursury (I am not worried about Naylor) and also to test the ones that were already in the ground just to be sure.

Ludi

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 12:58AM
More Discussions
Hosta S 2014
Q. What is the biggest word in the world? A. Smiles....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Zinc plant markers
Is this what everyone is using? I saw 100 for sale...
CindyCRNA
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™