Lowes find

liza_jaramilloJune 16, 2006

Hello people me and my husband were at lowes in lincolnwood the address is 3601 w. Touhy ave. The have Magnolias about 8 ft tall They are Bracken's Brown Beauty. They say 50 dollars each and have a skid of them. They are on sale 50% off I dont know how long the sale will last. It only costed me $25. They look great

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joandaugh(Z5 Chicago)

They look gorgeous but it seems like we might be on the borderline for cold hardiness. I see there have been other discussions on the boards on Bracken's Brown Beauty and some do fine in Zone 5. However, since they get really big, I wouldn't have room anyway. Such a good deal though! It's my neighborhood Lowes.

Bookmark   June 16, 2006 at 10:14PM
liza_jaramillo

I wanna say there really should be no problem growing them, I have seen regular southern magnolia in springfield IL Thats a hop skip and a jump from us. Me and my husband are starting to believe that some of the same plants are hardier then others. Thats why I have been buying 3 or 4 of everything. We have found that some live and some die and we have been ending up with some hardy stuff in our yard. I have bought a few Trachycarpus "Taylor form" from plant delight and some died but 2 lived through some freezing weather, now there growing great

Bookmark   June 16, 2006 at 11:13PM
iowgardenangel(zn5 IA)

I belive Lowes trees will be on sale thru june. shop distress markdowns too, our store in iowa has some good buys there.they are 1/2 off and its good way to buy, may not look 100% but perrennials come bk and bushes snap out of it, ive gotten lots of good stuff that way..

Bookmark   June 24, 2006 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Chicago Area Traders?
Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in doing a spring...
vhinkes
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
Too late to plant grass in Kansas city area?
I have several patches in my yard that need to be reseeded....
M V
Garden Soil Naperville area
Looking for a bulk supplier of "Garden Soil",...
prariegardner
looking for strong fragrance in garden
I am in Chicago zone 5 and am looking to plant something...
both
Sponsored Products
15732BBR Bronzed Brass 4.5 Watts Medium Kichler LED Landscape Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
24" Venica Teak Vanity for Semi-Recessed Sink
Signature Hardware
Pirkka Barstool by Artek
$775.00 | Lumens
LBL Lighting | Raven 12 Outdoor Wall Light
$380.00 | YLighting
San Remo Sleeper Sofa and San Remo Sleeper Sectional Sofa Chaise
Italy Design