what is this??

snowburd(8b)July 21, 2014

This growing in my flower bed. I think it may be some type of fungus or mold, but I have no idea if it's bad or how to get rid of it if I need to. Please help!! Also, I'm new to zone 5, having only recently moved here (western Illinois) from NW Florida!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldgardenguy_zone6

Its a fungus with all the dampness this year I've had this too just mix a weak bleach solution 20 to 1 water to bleach and mist the affected area do it at mid day as bleach will dissipate in sun light or the chlorine will , the white area will turn dark in a day or so and then you clean it up and put it in the compost pile . A shop Vac. will also get rid of it. You could also just leave it . It might get bigger but shouldn't hurt any other plants it's just a little unsightly.

    Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 8:38AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Too late to plant grass in Kansas city area?
I have several patches in my yard that need to be reseeded....
megs1082
Volunteer plants from annuals not hardy to zone
I posted in the impatiens forum about my shock of finding...
fieldofflowers
WANTED: Chicago Area Traders?
Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in doing a spring...
vhinkes
Cukes and Dill
Good Morning! Does anyone have a good estimate of when...
PalmieJill
moving perennials with some disease
Bought a hydrangea very cheap this summer ... Cheap...
dan_in_winfield
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™