Book Discussion Club and Ecovillage Exploration

jollygreengardenerOctober 21, 2008

This is to announce the formation of an ecovillage exploration group in the Twin Cities with the intention of creating ecologically regenerative community. We will explore the various forms an ecovillage can take, seeking to find those types that best fit within current zoning regulations, economic conditions and memberÂs desires.

Our series of meetings will begin with book club style discussions of Diana Leaf Christian's book "Creating a Life Together."

Meetings will begin Wednesday, November 5th at 7:00 pm at Common Roots Café on Lyndale Ave.

Prior to the first meeting please acquire a copy of "Creating a life Together," copies are available through your local library and for purchase at your local bookstore, the Foundation for Intentional Community online store (http://www.ic.org/), the Permaculture Activist online store (www.permacultureactivist.net), and New Society Publishers.

In "Creating a Life Together" Ms. Christian explores what makes a successful community and many of the all-too-possible pitfalls that forming communities encounter. The wealth of information and experience she presents will be invaluable to us in our endeavor to create environmentally sensible community.

When:

Wednesday November 5th, 7:00pm

Where:

Common Roots Café

26th and Lyndale Ave, Minneapolis, MN

Contact/Questions

Geoff Boeder, boeder.geoffrey@gmail.com, 952.380.7861

Here is a link that might be useful: Event Website

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

I wonder how this meeting went???

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 8:14AM
More Discussions
Hot Pepper Spray questions: making, affect on taste, effectivenes
Hi, I'm considering making some hot pepper spray to...
srj19
Minnesota Apples
Photo shows what I harvested today from the orchard...
soilent_green
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Seed Saving Workshop- rescheduled
Learn how to save seed correctly without misinformation...
little_minnie
What to do with all of my Kale?
I grew kale for the first time and really have a beautiful...
vpeterson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™