Mystery Plant

davidl_ny5April 29, 2008

Here in a nursery bed I've used a number of times for native plants like the Canada Mayflowers(Maianthemum canadense) you can also see, has grown this nice looking plant, but I'm not sure what it is. Does anyone know?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stoloniferous(6)

That looks similar to a mystery plant that IÂve got in my own yard. It might be Rue anemone (thalictrum thalictroides) or something similar. Mine are also growing in the company of those little plants with the heart-shaped leaves, as well as ferns.

Though come to think of it, the leaves are shaped a bit differently. Maybe something related to bleeding hearts?

HereÂs the thread where I got some help identifying mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: similar mystery plant

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 7:56AM
davidl_ny5

Thanks, stoloniferous. Guesses over at "Name that plant" also included one of the thalictrums or a dicentra, both of which I have in my yard. Others were corydalis, which I don't know and haven't seen around, and a climing fumitory, which would also be new to me. I think I've got to let it grow a little at least, maybe let it bloom, to find out. Anyway, I can't do a comparison until I'm in the country in the week-end.

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 3:09PM
moonsanity(Zone 5)

I wonder if it could be Dutchman's Breeches? They are related to bleeding hearts and you'll know as soon as it blooms. They are really neat!

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 7:46AM
stoloniferous(6)

Dude. . . I'm totally going to have to plant some Dutchman's breeches next to some Dutchman's pipe. Are there any other Dutchman plants out there? I could grow myself a whole Dutchman! ;)

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 10:53AM
More Discussions
Photos of Natives on Tumblr
Hi all, I have a small (1/4 acre) woods here in Minnesota....
misterpatrick
Most Underused Native Trees
What are the most underused native trees?
edlincoln
Matelea baldwyniana
I am looking for seeds and/or plants of this species...
wildflowerman_2000
Which of these wildflowers will spread via roots to form colonies?
Hi, For the benefit of creating a useful list... Out...
njbiology
Monarchs: Liatris special
Hey-it looks like the migration is starting up here...
dandy_line
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™