thalictrum or meadow rue

Marie_zone5August 21, 2005

Has anyone grown meadow rue? I bought two plants this year. Instructions say part to full sun. I am afraid of full sun here unless I know the plant. Just wondered of anyone in Midwest had experience with this plant. Marie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stevi_K

I have 4 of them but haven't got them planted yet. I plan on putting 3 of them in full sun and the other one where it gets sun on and off during the day.
Sorry I can't be of any real help.

Bookmark   August 22, 2005 at 7:28AM
davila42(z6 MO)

I'm about to move mine to a sunnier spot. It currently gets sun only from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and is struggling a bit (little flowering). I will place it where it gets full a.m. sun, but shade in the afternoon

Bookmark   August 22, 2005 at 12:36PM
leaveswave(.)

Depends a bit on which thalictrum it is...I have two rues, one gets full sun and would probably like even more (!) and the other gets almost full and seems happy enough. I think they have very attractive foliage--in shape and color.

Bookmark   August 27, 2005 at 7:43PM
Clare(z6 MO)

Thalictrum aquilegifolium, known fondly in this household as "Koosh ball plant," gets afternoon shade yet gets burned out and cripsy looking by mid-summer. Really, mine might have a recurring mildew, but it does look like too much hot sun. Mine don't even have very good flower color--don't know why I haven't done away with this plant.

Bookmark   August 28, 2005 at 8:50PM
More Discussions
Need evergreen suggestions for planting bed
I really like the design of this evergreen bed. Does...
mememare
Tree ID Please (Saint Louis, MO)
Any ideas? This post was edited by chinandega81 on...
chinandega81
clay soil-yellowish plant leaves
I have Indiana clay soil that hasnt been worked in...
muddy_mom
Please name this plant
Bought a home and this is growing in the yard in several...
snowburd
Too late to plant grass in Kansas city area?
I have several patches in my yard that need to be reseeded....
M V
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™