Planting and plotting by flashlight

lazyweeder(z4 MN)November 16, 2005

Nothing like waiting to the last minute to pop in the final few bulbs and plants. Mon and Tues night I was out with the flashlight planting some bulbs and a couple plants. I was suprised to find the ground was still soft enough to plant. After planting I realized I still hadn't plotted a number of my plants on my map so I grabbed my flashlight and finished that off too.

Anyone else doing any last minute planting?

Dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
selkie_b(z4 MN)

I'm just giggling at you and thinking "Yep, typical Dave..."
I AM done, just need to mulch in the roses this weekend, bury the raised bed, and the strawberries!

-Marie

Bookmark   November 17, 2005 at 9:25AM
luvmydaisies(Lonsdale, MN/ zone4)

Yes I have about 50 tulip bulbs to put in the ground yet. I was outside last night pulling my water lilies out of the pond...who knows if they will come back next year or not.Might have left them in the cold too long.

Bookmark   November 17, 2005 at 11:15AM
zenpotter(z4 MN)

I'm feeling very smug. For a change I had them in before the ground is frozen

Bookmark   November 17, 2005 at 1:02PM
luvmydaisies(Lonsdale, MN/ zone4)

I bought these last ones "on sale". I thought that I was done for the season too.

Bookmark   November 17, 2005 at 3:07PM
leftwood(z4a MN)

I was mapping and recording in the rain this week, as well as fencing out the rabbits. Well at least I am not too weird: my neighbor was out doing garden work also.

What you need, Dave, is a work light-like they use in construction. We toured a Rochester garden once, and the owner revealed that he regularly did garden work in the dark. Had a nice worklight set up. Even rototilled at night. Fantastic landscape on the side of a bluff, "hillbilly style".

Bookmark   November 17, 2005 at 7:41PM
sandysgardens

I haven't been planting by flashlight this fall, but I have been collecting seed heads by flashlight. At least my neighbor knows it's me in her back yard when she see's a light in her garden. The only way to get it done when I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark and weekends aren't enough time.

Bookmark   November 17, 2005 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
Strawberries in strawbales?
Has anyone here done the strawbale gardening? A book...
wiillbeane
Log Home for sale
We are going to be putting our home on the market soon...
doucanoe
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Low Hedge as a Snow Fence?
We have a long sidewalk from the house to the garage....
dlynettef
Minnesota Apples
Photo shows what I harvested today from the orchard...
soilent_green
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™