What garden gifts did you get for Christmas?

peggy_hosta(z4 neSD)December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! (And for me, happy 51st birthday Dec 30th!)

What garden gifts did you receive? My youngest daughter (with my strong hinting) gave me a subscription to the Northern Gardener mag! I haven't subscribed for a few years and I miss it. Very informative mag.

Peggy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtbert(z4)

Well Happy Birthday to you :)

I did get a pair of gardening gloves. they are the type with the rubber palm and fingers and fabric back. I usually don't wear gloves gardening but I'll give these a try. I really should wear gloves since I work in an office and my hands are usually stained with dirt most of the summer...LOL

That was it for gardening gear though, not typical, but I have already stocked up on seeds and potting mix so I guess I'm all set :)

Bookmark   December 29, 2008 at 9:30PM
leftwood(z4a MN)

Although I never where gloves at home in the dirt, I have become a fan of those gloves with the rubber coated palms and fingers for work. They allow for maximum dexterity while keeping your hands dry in wet situations, along with the normal protection from . . . whatever.

No gardening gifts here. I did get my favorite tea: black currant.

Bookmark   December 29, 2008 at 11:56PM
zenpotter(z4 MN)

Happy Birthday.

No garden gifts for me this year.

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 8:58AM
phyllis__mn

I got a lovely book about "The Garden in Winter" by Suzy Bales. I also have gift cards to use, come spring. I love gardening gifts.

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 6:53PM
julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)

Hey there-
Happy Birthday Peggy!! 51 is a pretty big birthday! Congratulations!
Um- I did not get any garden related gifts this year from family- although I have been involved with a few exchanges and so I guess have given myself the gift of seeds and gardener friendships!
Zen Potter/Pauline will be hosting this years "Great MN Winter Blues Seed Swap" at her house on the 10th- It is a fun time to "garden" in winter by sharing seeds and other goodies. It will still be close enough to the holidays- so I guess you could give your self the garden gift you did not get- by coming and swappin' seeds and stories- and food too!
If you are free on the 10th- come on over! You are sure to leave with a few new treasures!

Julie

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 8:44PM
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

Happy Birthday Peggy! I got a juicer from my kids, sort of indirectly garden related. It will certainly come in handy next summer in processing lots of garden goodies.

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 11:02PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Happy birthday, Peggy.

DH gave me a "Perennials for Minnesota and Wiscosin" by Don Engebretson and Don Williamson. Great photos.

Also got lots of great seeds from participants in Julie's swap.

Bookmark   December 31, 2008 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Peach Trees in Minnesota
I've heard of some people successfully growing peach...
rkinsella
how late can I divide?
Hi all, Here's a question from your neighbor in North...
prairie_love
Hop Vines at Local Nurseries?
Just wondering if anyone in Minnesota has come across...
soilent_green
Minnesota Apples
Photo shows what I harvested today from the orchard...
soilent_green
Late Summer Garden Swap???
Anyone interested in a late summer/early autumn garden...
KittyWitty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™