Gazebo advice wanted

gecmastr(z5 IL)November 1, 2004

HI,

I am new to gardenweb and would like to buy a wooden gazebo (10 or 12 ft round) for my garden. I want one of those that is pre built and you can assemble yourself with window screens and a door etc.

There are a LOT of these companies on the web of varying prices and I was wondering if anyone had purchased one and if you felt you got your money 's worth and if it has held up well in our winters here.

I really don't wnat to spend $1500-$2000 and be disappointed.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jansblooms(z4 IA)

My husband and I had a local contractor "redesign" a plan I found at a big-box store. The redesign included screening. We love it, but we learned a lesson. Some of our screening was damaged the first winter by winds and blown debris. If we had thought to have glass on the outside (similar to combination windows), we could probably have prevented that. Of course, that would have increased the cost and limited the fresh air. All in all, the damage was minor, but you might want to think about it.

We chose a square design, partly because I like the looks, but also because it gave more actual square feet than did the octagons or hexagons. That's a matter of preference for you, as it seems that you prefer round. Whatever you do, good luck! A screened gazebo certainly allows for some peaceful relaxing.

Bookmark   November 9, 2004 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
Please name this plant
Bought a home and this is growing in the yard in several...
snowburd
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
Good source for cold hardy Bald Cypress?
I've read Bald Cypress is capable of growing in the...
Pontederia
ID needed
These plants are growing wild in the alley behind my...
dellis326 (Danny)
Columnar fastigiate screening tree recommendations
hello! I'm wondering if members have recommendations...
SchnooMom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™