critters keeping me awake

pondwelr(z5 WI)December 1, 2004

For whatever reason, this year the local wildlife has been climbing up the steps to my bird feeding stations on my upper deck. Of course, my little Bichon and huge cat wake up and carry on when these robbers visit.

I am giving serious thought to discontinuing the feeders.

Or, perhaps moving them to the front yard.

Besides the two grey squirrels, possums and racoons are regular visitors. Often, I see two to three does (deer) munching on the bushes belonging to me and my neighbors.

I may put a gate at the top of the stairs, but would that really keep out the critters? I mean, hey, they are welcome to whatever they can find to eat, but I sure do resent being awakened during the night by my two 'watchdogs', who bark and hiss at the intruders.

I meant to feed the birds that winter over. Instead I seem to be feeding and attracting larger furry critters.

I've lived in this city home for 6 years now, and this is the first year for the invasion of the critters to any real extent.

Anyone else have this problem? And how do you handle it?

Pondy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tadeusz5(z5 il)

Pondy looks like you are creating a Noahs' Arc in Wisconsin, what's next ; I see that you are missing, owls coyotes, and wolves . You could terminate the feediing, thus allowing your neighbors to get the midnight run from your invasion, or wait till they get tired of your bird food.

Bookmark   December 3, 2004 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Ruby falls redbud
I just purchased a ruby falls red bud and I'm a zone...
greenygar
Kansas City - here I come! (help pls.)
My husband and I are going to be moving to Kansas City...
aprilk
Year round outdoor containers for Chicago
I would like to know what plants, either flowers or...
rbpchicago
Good source for cold hardy Bald Cypress?
I've read Bald Cypress is capable of growing in the...
Pontederia
Sponsored Products
Lil Mo Whimsy 13 Lady Bug Red Rectangular: 5 ft. x 7 ft. Rug
$299.00 | Bellacor
Round Critter Skimmer
$44.50 | FRONTGATE
Solid Bronze Frog Sculpture
Signature Hardware
Hand-tufted Lil Mo Honeycomb Gold Rug
Overstock.com
Green Tortoise Tiffany Style Accent Lamp
$29.95 | Lamps Plus
Sergeants Pet Care Products Assorted Zoinks Chatty Critters Mouse Cat Toy Multic
$23.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™